Ten

The Big Question

It had been at least a month since Lapis and Peridot started dating. It was now December, and the big annual Winter Ball dance was coming up. Peridot was planning how she was going to ask Lapis.

The blonde girl paced back and forth in her kitchen, trying to think of some ideas. Lapis would be showing up shortly so she didn't have much time to think. She was planning on asking her sometime today or tomorrow.

She didn't want to do something huge, it just wasn't her and Lapis. But she didn't want to do something too small either.

She was just about to make some hot chocolate when an idea struck her. Peridot quickly ran to her room and began to work.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lapis had to walk to Peridot's house in the cold snow. Her hands were shoved into her pockets, gloves on them. She took a breath and watched as it turned into a puff in front of her.

The bluenette was close to Peridot's. Peridot couldn't pick her up because there was something wrong with her car. Oh well, Lapis could handle the cold.

After all, last winter when she and Jasper were dating, Jasper locked her out of her house in the snow for at least three hours. Lapis had no gloves on, or coat. She ended up catching a horrible cold yet luckily no frostbite.

The bluenette pushed the thought away. She remembered how cold she was, how her tears turned to ice as she repeatedly knocked on the door begging to be let in.

She didn't even realize it but she just walked past Peridot's house. With a sigh Lapis turned back around and walked to Peridot's. She stood on the front step, gently knocking on the door.

After a minute Peridot's voice called to her. "Come in!" She exclaimed. Lapis opened the door, eyes widening at the sight.

A huge banner hung from the ceiling, it read Welcome, Lapis! All of the lights were blue. Big pictures of fish and other sea animals were on the walls.

Suddenly Peridot appeared, smiling. the blonde girl had a small blue, velvety box in her hands. She opened it up to reveal a necklace, on it was a Lapis Lazuli gem cut into a heart.

Lapis gasped, eyes even wider. "P-Peri.." She stuttered. Peridot hooked the necklace around her neck.

"So how about Winter Ball?" Peridot asked. Lapis smiled, nodding her head. She hugged Peridot close.

"Yes, of course!" She exclaimed. "Oh, good." Peridot chuckled. She then pulled away from Lapis and looked up at her.

"How did you manage to get this?" Lapis asked, lifting the heart. "I was saving it for Christmas, but I have something else in mind now." The pale girl replied.

"God, it's so beautiful. Thanks Peri." Lapis smiled. Peridot shook her head, "Anything for you, Lapis."

Lapis blushed and pulled Peridot close to her again. "How did you even do all of this?" She asked. "Well I know how much you love the ocean and I just so happened to have some blue light bulbs laying around." Peridot grinned.

"You're so sweet." Lapis hummed, kissing her forehead. Peridot blushed and took Lapis' hands in her own. "Hey, are you cold? I was just gonna make hot chocolate." Peridot said.

"Hot chocolate sounds good. It's pretty cold out there." Lapis replied. "Alright, you can go take a seat on the couch. I'll be there in a moment." Peridot said. Lapis nodded and plopped down on the couch.

The bluenette grabbed one of Peridot's throw blankets. It was all black with a big alien head on it. She pulled the blanket up to her chin, sighing happily at how soft it was.

Peridot soon came in with two mugs. She handed Lapis one with a wintery scene on it. Lapis took it and gave her a smile.

"So, what now? Wanna call and order pizza?" Peridot asked, taking a sip of her hot chocolate. She then sat it on a coaster on the coffee table and got under the same blanket as Lapis. "If you want to." Lapis replied, sitting her hot chocolate next to Peridot's.

The tan girl then scooted downwards as Peridot put an arm around her. She kissed her girlfriend's cheek. "Okay, I'll call right now." Peridot then said.

Lapis snuggled closer to Peridot, listening as she ordered the pizza. "Don't forget extra pepperoni." She reminded her. Peridot gave her a wink as a response.

Soon Peridot hung up, turning her full attention to Lapis. "They'll be here in twenty." The blonde girl said. "M'kay." Lapis replied.

The tan girl ran her fingers over the lapis lazuli heart on her necklace. Peridot watched her, smiling. "Peridot, how much did this cost? I don't want to make you feel like you need to spend tons of money on me.." Lapis then said.

"Doesn't matter, I just sold a few bots so I've got lots of money right now." Peridot simply said. "Stop being so nice to me." Lapis grinned, sitting up straight and placing a hand on Peridot's shoulder. "But I love to see you happy." Peridot said.

Lapis snorted and leaned in, kissing Peridot. Peridot kissed her back. They kissed for about a minute before Peridot pulled away.

She then took a sip of her hot chocolate. Lapis turned the TV on, going to Netflix. She turned Camp Pining Hearts on and that's what they watched until the pizza came.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The rest of the night consisted of pizza, lots of hot chocolate, Camp Pining Hearts, and cuddling. It was late and Peridot told Lapis she was not walking home in the cold dark.

They were still sitting on the couch, cuddling. Lapis yawned and closed her eyes. Peridot smiled and kept her eyes on the TV.

So there they were, cuddling, now sleeping on Peridot's couch while a blizzard raged outside.