Fifteen

An eventful day
[Trigger warning]
[Please don't read this if self harm, murder, or gore upsets you, please please please do not. This is by far the most explicit chapter I've ever wrote. If you want to read it at least skip over this part.]

Lapis was alone in she and Peridot's room. The only light was coming from the glow in the dark stars she put above the bed and the full moon outside. Peridot had left the house to go grab some Mountain Dew from the gas station (she had run out).

The blue haired girl leaned back on a pillow, studying the glow in the dark stars. She yawned and rubbed her eyes. She hadn't exactly been feeling well lately, she'd been in bed for the whole day.

Lapis was about to get up to grab a new box of tissues when she heard the door open. "Peri?" The bluenette called weakly. There was no answer.

Anxiously, Lapis slid out of the bed. On her way out she flicked the bedroom light on. "Peri?" She called again.

Her chest began to tighten up, a lump in her throat. Her tan hands began to shake. What was going on?

Lapis flicked the kitchen light on to reveal Peridot putting some snacks into the cupboard. She jumped, heart racing. "Oh god, you scared me." She huffed, holding her heart.

Peridot turned to look at Lapis for a moment before continuing to stock the cupboard. "Is.. everything alright?" Lapis asked. Why wasn't Peridot talking?

"Yes, everything's fine." The blonde girl finally replied. "Oh, good. I was worried. Hey, did you bring home any tissues?" The tan girl asked, hopping onto the counter. Peridot shut the cupboard before turning to Lapis, "Yes."

"Okay, good. My nose won't stop running." Lapis said. Peridot pulled a box of tissues out of the bag and offered them out to Lapis. The bluenette hesitantly took them.

What was wrong with Peridot?

Lapis blew her nose, sitting the crumpled up tissue beside her. "You're acting funny, Peri. Tell me what's wrong." She said.

Peridot opened a drawer, taking out a fairly large chef's knife. She slapped the side of the blade slowly in the palm of her hand, looking up at Lapis.

"Do you ever get sick of someone?"

Lapis' eyes widened. She scooted farther down the counter, "Peri...?"