Seventeen

A Blue Christmas Without You (so please don't go on your stupid trip)

A week and one day until Christmas.

That was all they had, just one week (and a day). They were already on Christmas Break because Beach City High gave rather long breaks. Everything was perfect.

But with every good thing, a bad thing comes too.

"Peridot you can't be serious. You want to leave me and Pumpkin here alone for Christmas just so you can sell some stupid bots?!" Lapis exclaimed.

"Lapis, for the last time, they aren't stupid! These bots are how I'm getting my money for us to live here! If I pass up this opportunity, I'll be missing out on a lot of money. Money we need." Peridot said.

"But it's Christmas for God's sake! Can't this guy wait?" The blue haired girl snapped back. Peridot sighed, holding her face in her hands.

"No, he can't. He's very busy. This was the only time he is available." The pale girl said, voice muffled a bit. Lapis rolled her eyes, not giving up any time soon.

"Doesn't he know you have a girlfriend to spend the holidays with? Family and friends too?" The tan girl asked. Peridot removed her hands from her face.

"Lapis, we've been over this."

And that was true, they went over it after Peridot told her this morning.

-----Flashback to this morning-----

Peridot rolled over, opening her eyes. Lapis wasn't in bed. "My early bird." The blonde girl muttered, stepping out of bed.

She grabbed her glasses off the night stand and headed into the living room, where she could hear the TV.

Surely, there sat Lapis. Mug of hot chocolate in one hand, blue cotton candy in the other. And of course in an oversized t-shirt with only underwear as bottoms.

Classic Lapis.

"Morning." Peridot yawned. Lapis' attention was broke from the TV as Peridot spoke. "Morning sleepy head." The bluenette giggled.

"Why don't you put some pants on? It's winter. And cotton candy isn't breakfast." Peridot said, plopping onto the couch next to Lapis.

"It's hot in here. And cotton candy qualifies as breakfast in my book." Lapis replied with a smirk. Peridot playfully rolled her eyes, "Of course it does."

The two sat in silence for a bit, both watching TV. The peacefulness was interrupted as Peridot's phone went ding!

The blonde girl checked her phone. She had a text message.

Bo Swayne: Hello Miss Diamond. Thank you for waiting so long for this reply. Anyway, my company is willing to get some of your Robonoids in stores! We'd love to buy some. Before we do this, though, you must present your bots in front of us. It'll take a week time to finish the whole thing. I hope to see you soon.