Sixteen

Christmas Shopping and Other Antics

"You ready to leave?" Peridot asked, walking into the bedroom. Lapis was on the bed cuddling and cooing to Pumpkin. "Yes. We need to make a stop to PetSmart. Dollar store puppy food is making him sick." The bluenette replied.

Peridot chuckled, twirling her keyring on her finger. "Okay, but we can't bring him into the mall so we're gonna have to drop him off somewhere." The blonde girl said.

"I was thinking we could leave him with the Gems, or maybe your parents. Steven might-" Peridot was cut off by Lapis. "There's a doggy daycare in town. I figured we could leave him there for the day while we're at school. There will be plenty of other dogs there for him to play with." Lapis smiled, kissing the puppy's head.

"Lapis, are you seriously going to start treating this dog like a baby?" Peridot asked, sitting on the bed next to her girlfriend. "Too late, already did." Giggled the tan girl. Peridot rolled her eyes and smiled.

"So where's the doggy daycare? We should get leaving." Peridot said. "A few minutes away. It's the building by the fire hall." Lapis replied. Peridot nodded and stood, walking out of the room.

Lapis scooped Pumpkin up in her arms and followed Peridot. "Do you have to sign him up or anything?" Peridot asked, sliding her coat on. "I already did." Lapis grinned.

The tan girl was about to head out the door when Peridot grabbed her arm. "I'm sure you're going to want your coat, shoes too. Hand me Pumpkin." The short girl said. Lapis wordlessly handed the puppy to her girlfriend and slid her shoes on, then coat.

"Here." Said Peridot, passing Pumpkin back to Lapis. The blue haired girl took the puppy and snuggled him close. Peridot smiled, pulling her phone out and snapped a picture (Lapis didn't notice, she was too busy cooing to Pumpkin).

The two girls and their puppy headed outside into the bitter cold, Lapis putting Pumpkin in her coat to keep him warm. The chubby pup poked his head out, not protesting.

Peridot started the car up, immediately turning the heat and radio on. "To doggy daycare we go!" The blonde girl exclaimed. Lapis cheered in response, Pumpkin tilting his head.

Five minutes had passed and they had arrived. Peridot got out of the car, waiting for Lapis. When the bluenette hopped out the blonde girl held the door for her girlfriend.

Lapis hesitantly walked in, Peridot behind her. They were immediately greeted by a woman in a pink shirt, holding a small terrier close to her. "Hi there! My name is Kate, and this is Lucy. I'm assuming you're here to drop this little cutie off, hm?" Kate smiled, gesturing to Pumpkin.

"Y-yeah. I'm Lapis Lazuli, and this is Pumpkin. I signed him up on your website." Lapis smiled. "Oh, yes! Nice to meet you, Lapis! And who's this? Friend, sister, cousin..?" Kate beamed, gesturing to Peridot.

"Girlfriend. She's my girlfriend." Lapis replied, smiling at Peridot. "I'm Peridot." The short girl introduced herself. "Well aren't you two cute? Now let's see the pup.." Kate smiled.

"Oh um.. thanks. Here he is." Lapis said, taking Pumpkin out of her coat. "Oh my gosh! He's adorable!" Kate exclaimed. Lapis chuckled as she watched Kate place the terrier in her arms on the ground.

"You can hold him." Lapis said. "I'd love to!" Kate grinned. The blue haired girl handed Pumpkin over, taking a step back and holding Peridot's hand.

"Well, we best be going. It was nice meeting you Kate. We'll be back later." Peridot said. "See ya later!" Kate smiled.

Hand in hand, Lapis and Peridot walked out of the building. Soon enough they were headed to the mall.