Ash

Calum clung to me, sniffling every once in a while. I felt my heart breaking. I wasn't mad that Calum lied. I was more disappointed that everything with him has gone this far. Calum shouldn't have to feel this way. He's so special to me, I can't imagine a day without him. I can't lose my Calum.

Tears began falling down my cheeks, slowly at first. I tried to will away the tears, but fell in stead they fell in steady streams and I let out a quiet sob as I gripped onto Calum tighter.

"Ash...Ashton? Are...are you okay?" Calum whispered. I shook my head as I tried pulling Calum even closer into me, if that was possible.

Calum wrapped his arms around my neck and I could feel him wince as his left arm brushed against my skin. My neck felt wet from tears as Calum's body shuddered against mine.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." Calum kept crying. Why did I have to do this? Calum could still be perfectly happy, but I had to go and ruin it.

After Calum and I sat on the bathroom floor, crying, for what felt like hours. After awhile, I picked up Calum and set him down on the bathroom sink. He offered a watery smile as I grabbed a box of band aids and turned the water on.

When I was sure the water was at a comfortable temperature, I carefully held Calum's hand and brought it under the steady stream. At first, he tried yanking his arm away, hissing in pain, but I kept it under the water, making sure everything was clean.

Grabbing a clean, dry hand towel, I gently dabbed his arm dry before putting a band aid on his arm. once everything was put away, I looked down at Calum to see him wringing at his fingers.

"Hey," I lifted his chin using my thumb and forefinger. "You okay?"

"No." Calum tried to look away, but I placed both hands on his cheeks so all he could see was me.

"Cal, baby."

"You...you told her. Who else have you told, the whole school?"

"Don't be silly. I don't even know half of the school. I'm not popular." I giggled a little and saw a ghost of a smile appear on his face. "Besides, Lauren doesn't know what she's talking about. Just because she likes you...doesn't mean she knows everything about you."

I shuddered at the thought of my sister crushing on my boyfriend. "She likes me?"

"Yes..." Calum stuck a tongue out before letting out a small laugh.

"I knew it."I shook my head and smiled as I locked eyes with Calum.

Before we knew it, the both of us were leaning in until a knock on the door interrupted us.

"Calum, Are you home?"

-

"Yes." Calum shouted while still sharing eye contact with me.

"Okay. Just checking." As soon as the footsteps disappeared I attached my lips to Calum's. The kiss started out slow, Calum running his fingers through my hair.

After awhile, we pulled away and Calum buried his face in my chest, stifling another sob. I wrapped him in my arms and breathed in his scent.

"Are you okay?" Calum shook his head and I felt a wave of emotions came crashing down on me. I was so angry with myself. "Let's get to bed."

"I still have homework." Calum croaked. I sighed and looked at him.

"Will you go to sleep after we finish it?" Calum nodded.

We went into his room and he grabbed his AP World History text book from his back pack. Calum and I began outlining the fifth chapter.

"Calum, sweetie...oh! Hi Ashton." Joy popped her head into Calum's room.