Ash

{for future references😉}

It had been almost a week since the little baking incident with Calum. We were currently on spring break and I hadn't heard from Calum in a couple of days. Usually, I'm not the type to be clingy, however, knowing Calum's situation at the moment I think I was entitled to be worried.

I was currently playing video games with Harry while Lauren and Mom were making lunch.

"Ashton, how come you and Calum don't hang out anymore?" Harry used his blue shell on me, making me go from first place to sixth. I let out a disgruntled noise before carefully thinking of how to respond.

"Well, we hung out a week ago." I stated, hoping that would satisfy his question.

"Yeah, but you haven't hung out at all during break so far." He did have a point.

"I think he's been busy with some things." I decided to say.

"Tell him to come over soon, I miss him." With that, Harry threw another shell in my direction, signalling the end of the conversation. I smiled to myself feeling gracious of how supportive my family was.

"Boys, lunch time!" My mother called up to the two of us. We both bounded up the stairs, stomachs growling.

-

I waited for a couple of hours before deciding that maybe it was time to try and reach out to Calum. I locked myself in my room, sat in front of my door, and dialed my boyfriend. The line rang for a while, making me frown.

Just before I decided to hang up, a scratchy voice answered. "Hel...hello?"

"Calum?"

"A...Ash? What are you doing?" I knew right away that Calum had been crying. Something was wrong.

"I was calling to check up on you. What happened?"

"Nothing happened. I promise." I didn't buy any of it.

"Calum, what happened." I demanded.

"I don't want you to get mad." He whispered as he choked on a sob.

"I'll get mad if you won't tell me, baby."

"I did it again, and it's really bad this time."

-

I didn't let Calum finish before I hung up, flung my door open, and rushed down the stairs.

"Ash, sweetie, is everything okay?"

"It's an emergency, I'll be right back." I stood at the door as I furiously tried to pull a random wind breaker on, tears clouding my vision.

"Ashton, what's wrong?" My mother tried to place her hand on my shoulder, but I only pulled away.

"Why isn't this thing going on?" I shouted as a quiet sob escaped my lips. My mother turned me around so I was facing her and I could see Harry and Lauren standing in the living room watching me.