Chapter 1

"You good for nothing bitch!" Derek drew his hand up and it came down, crashing into my face like a meteor colliding with Earth. I fell to the floor and touched my cheek. When I saw my hand, my fingertips were sprinkled with blood.

"When I told you to come home straight after school, I expect you to do it! Not go slutting up the whole town!" He threw his hands in the air and walked into the living room. You might be wondering what is happening. Lets see if I can get you on track.

My father was right, he did tell me that. But I just wanted to talk with some of my friends before I left. Is that so hard to ask?! I guess I was a couple of minutes late because my dad pulled up in his old Fords pick up truck, and to my luck, some of my guy friends were there also.

So bibbady, bobbody, boom, my dad took me home and here we are now. Lets continue with the story. I got onto my feet and before I could move, Derek yelled, "I want you in your room and dont come back out until morning! I want you to think anout how angry you got me! Understand?!"

I mummbled, "Yes sir," under my breath, loud enough for him to hear, and walked upstairs. I jumped onto my bed and let the tears pour, like a dam with a loose log. I pulled out my locket and opened it. My mother's face was on the left side, and a phrase on the right. It said, "I hope you find someone that loves you as much as I do."

I let out a big breath of air that I didn't even know I was holding. I turned around and started screaming into my pillow. "I hate my life! I can't wait until school is over tomorrow so I can leave your sorry ass here!" After my episode, I got out of bed and went to look at my map on the wall.

The flight will take about 3 hours for me to get there. Here I come England! After that, I put my locket under the pillow, grabbed some pj's, and took a shower. I don't know if it's just me, but I think a hot shower is the best because it releases all of your pain. After I was done, I got into bed, and drifted to sleep with the thoughts of freedom going through my head.