Part 6.9

".....I assure you, we are quite safe from your friends here." The sith lord said.

"Your overconfidence is your weakness." Luke said.

'True.' You thought.

"Your faith in your friends is yours." The Emperor returned.

'I guess that's true too.'

"It is pointless to resist, my son." Vader said.

You rolled your eyes. Luke would never turn to the dark side. Would he?
You brushed your thoughts to the side and continued to listen to the conversation.

"Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design. Your friend up there on the Sanctuary Moon...." The Emperor indicates Endor, "Are walking into a trap." He finished, "As is your rebel fleet. It was I who allowed the alliance to know the location of the shield generator. It is quite safe from your pitiful little band. An entire legion if my best troops awaits them." He explained.

'Even with his best troops they are probably not very good.' You thought.

Luke looks from his father to the Emperor and down to his lightsaber next to the Emperor.

"Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite opperational when your friends arrive." The sith said, and then smiled evily.

The Emperor's delight in the failure of the rebel alliance made the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end.

"Come boy. See for yourself." The Emperor said. Luke walked up the steps and looked out the round window.

"From here you will witness the final destruction of the Alliance, and the end of your insignificant rebellion." The Emperor said. You could tell that Luke was in torment. He glances at his lightsaber at the Emperor's side. The Emperor smiled and touched it,

"You want this, don't you?" He asked.

Luke looked at the Emperor.

"The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant."

The sith was trying to manipulate Luke to the dark side! Of course he was. What else would he want Luke for?
Darth Vader watches his son in agony.

"No!" Luke says to the Emperor.

"It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now.....mine!" He said.

'No! Don't do it Luke!' You thought. 'Don't give in to the hate!' You felt as though you were actually saying it but you knew you weren't.

"Your fleet has lost. And your friends on the Endor moon will not survive. The Alliance will die.....as will your friends." The Emperor said menacingly.

'That's it! That's going to trigger Luke into taking his lightsaber! The Emperor has to know this. He must've known Luke's weakness all along just to-' Your thoughts were cut off by the sound of igniting lightsabers.

You turned yourself around and leaned your head back. This was all a disaster! You looker back to see Luke and his father fighting each other.

"Good. Use your aggresive feelings boy! Let the hate flow through you." The Emperor said.

Luke looked momentarily at the Emperor, then stepped back, turning off his lightsaber.

"Obi Wan has taught you well." You heard Darth Vader say.

"I will not fight you father." Luke said.

"You are unwise to lower your defenses." Vader said and swung his lightsaber at Luke forcing him to reignite his.

Luke did a backflip and landed on the catwalk overhead.

"Your thoughts betray you father. I feel the good in you. The conflict." Luke said.

"There is no conflict." Vader said angrily.

"You couldn't bring yourself to kill me then and I don't believe you'll destroy me now." Luke argued.

"If you will not fight, then you will meet your destiny."

At that, Vader threw his lightsaber toward Luke causing him to duck. The catwalk broke and Luke tumbled down it.