Birthday

I wanted to keep writing this chapter, making it go into the next chapter, but it had to end here.

Thanks to those who are critic my work! I love you!

Critic more and send me feedback!

Those who haven't please review!

About a year later~~~~

"So I actually walked all the way to the store and back, walked, I am emphasizing that Rose, and you still won't let me in?!" Phillip yells through the door, probably disturbing our muggle neighbors. They had learned a long time ago to ignore us and our weird phrases.

"I'm not ready yet!" I yell back, brushing my hair slowly to get the perfect curl with my still relatively new, blonde hair. "You aren't allowed in till I am finished! And I'm not finished!"

"I could just use my key to get in, you know?" Phillip yells through the door, using the threat he used after I kicked him out three hours ago. I smirk even though he can't see me because he knows my answer.

"Go ahead and try, but I'm not reviving you when you get thrown back and fall three flights of stairs!" I walk into our living room and lean against the door so I don't have to yell. "Ten more minutes I swear, Phillip. Let a girl have time to get ready."

"I gave you three hours!" He complains, banging his head or hands against the door behind me. "When I asked you out I thought I found someone who didn't take long to get ready!"

"Having second thoughts?" I ask, but before I hear an answer I stand up and say. "You know I only take this long for important events and this is important to me."

"Can't I just sit on the couch, I promise you I think it's calling out to me." His tone shows that he is tired and giving in but I don't open the door. Instead I laugh and walk away from him into our shared bedroom.

Phillip moved in with me in the beginning of July. We decided on keeping my apartment because neither of us really had many belongings, or many things that couldn't be stored in the store. Putting our stuff together made it feel like a normally furnished home. I was the one to ask, but Phillip had been joking about it for a while before I did and we'd both had keys for a couple months prior. He was either at my house or I was at his house before I suggested it. I don't think there has been more than a day that we haven't seen each other in the last year. Even though we saw each other almost everyday, I never got tired of being with him. Not only was he my boyfriend and a great colleague, but he was one of my only connections to the wizarding world. Phillip made trips to Veneficia Lane fun and would randomly show me a spell that I didn't know. Most of the spells were useless except in the moments that he was teaching it to me, they were spells that you learn growing up with a wizard mother instead of muggle parents. I had not kicked him out of the apartment because I was mad at him or he was teasing me for getting ready, but because I didn't want him to see me until I was ready for the party. My party.

Which, now that I was out of my bathrobe and in my blue dress, I was ready for. It really had seemed longer than three hours because I hate getting ready, but it was worth it. Almost half of the time was figuring out just the right amount of makeup I wanted to wear, seeing as I never really wear it. Before that I had to take a shower (including shaving in there) have a small snack before brushing my teeth, fix my hair, and then once my makeup was done, I put on my dress. I twirled in the mirror, watching as the fabric spread out around me and stretched the ruffles. My arms go out at my sides and I see the lighter color blue that the short sleeves have. Monica had been the one to show it to me when we went shopping last week. Originally I had only gone to help her, thinking I would find something nice in my own closet, but after Monica found the dress and told me to try it on, I had to buy it. Monica had settled on a simple white and black dress. I was able to keep my dress from Phillip's eyes by not wearing it besides in the store until now. It was probably the prettiest birthday dress I have ever worn. Before going to open the door for Phillip, I put on the golden necklace he gave me for christmas as the final touch.