The Truth

I know a lot of you are too nice to say if I suck at this or any of that, but if I did with this chapter please tell me

"Are you awake, Briar?" Monica cracks open the door and peaks her head in. She smiles when she sees me sitting in bed reading. "Avoiding us?" Monica asks, walking in and sitting on the bed.

"No, of course not," I say, marking my spot and putting the books on the side table. "Thank you for letting me stay here without making me explain everything to you last night."

"Anytime, except I do want to know it all," Monica says. "Now."

I smile. "I know, will you go get Wendell? I'd like to stay in bed while I explain everything," Monica stands up and kisses my forehead before going to get her husband. They walk in and sit on the bed, watching me carefully. They look ready to support me no matter what I say. "You two trust me right?" They nod. "So you know that I'm going to tell you the truth?"

"Of course, Briar," Monica touches my hand as she assures me.

"Just, promise not to react no matter what I say or show you. Okay?" I whisper, running the Wizarding Law through my head. I shouldn't be breaking anything, they already know magic…. in the back of their minds.

"Okay." I take in a deep breath, and start from the beginning. "I was born into a family named the Zabini's in London, but they gave me away when I was little to a family called the Grangers," Wendell tenses at the name, but Monica calms him down with a touch of her hand. No interruptions. "I grew up with them, not knowing I was technically adopted, and I loved them, so much. So much that when I got involved in a large war that had people that would want to hurt them, I convinced them to go into hiding."

"What do you mean by convinced?" Monica asks, I wince.

"Everything I say can be backed up by proof, I just want to say that before I say this next part," I stare mostly at Wendell, remembering the threat of a restraining order. "The war was between two sides of a community I'm apart of a secret community... of wizards and witches." Wendell looks away angrily and I hurry to grab my wand from under the pillow and continue to explain. "I'm not suppose to show you this at all, or talk to you about this because neither of you have magical blood, but I am. Their was a Wizarding War, and I was a main part of it because I am a witch." I flick my wand and stare at Wendell the whole time, "Lumos." The tip of my wand grows brighter.

"That proves nothing, Briar, magic sticks for kids nowadays glow," Wendell says, Monica throws him a dirty look.

"Wingardium Leviosa," I state clearly, pointing my wand at my book. "Accio hair brush." I catch my brush. "Engorgio," I state, pointing my wand at the pillow next to me. When Wendell gulps, I drop and fix everything and store my wand to put them at ease. "It's a lot to take in, but you had to have known or at least expected that the world isn't as it seems, because you've already known all of this once. I had to protect my parents from people that might want to harm them, so I used a charm that would erase their memories and replace them with other ones. I sent them to Australia, as far away from the war as they can be. After the war, I came here to find them and reverse the spell." Wendell and Monica's eyes are getting larger, but Monica keeps them both from talking. "The problem was that I wasn't part of their family like I thought, so I couldn't fix it. I couldn't and they got angry at me, and I think scared. I was just an eighteen year old, almost nineteen and I wanted to be with the only parents I had ever known. So I changed my appearance, created a new life, all so I could stay near them and still receive at least a little love from them." I stare at Monica and see tears in her eyes, I blink and one tear falls too. "I'm sorry I couldn't reverse the spell, Monica. I'm sorry I did all of this without your permission, Wendell. I'm sorry I was a bad daughter and a bad friend for lying to you."