Mourning

Draco and I bid goodnight to each other sometime around one thirty in the morning. We would have stayed longer, but I was just as tired as Draco. I was asleep before I hit the bed, I was hoping I could be tired enough not to have nightmares. It was a petty wish.

There is a cloaked figure in my living room. In my living room where my parents are sitting on the couch and I am frozen on the stairs in shock. I don't need the figure to take off his hood to know who it is, no one else made daylight seem black and a house in summer feel frozen.

The Voldemort is in my living room, pointing his long black wand at my parents. They don't seem to notice, they are still watching and discussing the things that are happening on the charmed tv. I was suppose to send them to Australia before this could happen.

"Leave them alone!" I shriek and try to move, but I am now literally stuck on the spot. All Voldemort had to do was send a nonverbal, the spell is too easy for him to waist the effort of speaking. "Please, leave them alone, they don't know anything. They can't give you any information on Harry."

"Oh, but Mrs. Granger, I know that," The cold voice says. "But you do. You know where Harry Potter is hiding, or will be hiding, you know everything about that boy that I need to know."

"I'd never give Harry away, I'd rather die."

"That can be arranged, but first let's have some fun shall we?" Voldemort steps forward, with his wand now pointed at me. "Cru-" In a flash his wand hand whips away from me and points towards my parents, "-cio,"

"NO!" I scream, and then I'm put under a silencing spell.

Both of my parents fall to the floor, and because of my elevated position on the steps I can see them over the couch. They both scream in agony, withering around on the floor so much that the tv falls on top of my father, making blood appear across his chest and on his head. This makes Voldemort laugh, a piercing laugh that would have sent chills down my back if I could move.

I am helplessly watching my parents get torture in front of me. And it is my fault. I wanted to spend the summer with them before the war really started. I knew there were Death Eaters trying to find them and they were getting closer, but I wanted to be with my parents, I wanted to spend time with them before I wipped their memory. This was going to be the day I did it, why did Voldemort have to come now. Why couldn't I have been stronger.

The spell is lifted and my parents lay on the ground sobbing and calling out to me to help them. I want to reply, I want to tell them I'm here, that I love them, that I'm sorry. I can't speak or move though, I'm helpless.

"Where is Harry Potter's safe house?" Voldemort asks, but I shake my head in defiance, tears escaping my eyes. I don't look at the snake disguised as a man, but stare at my parents. "If you won't help me then. . ." From the corner of my eye he raises his arm again. "Avada Kedavra."

no! please no! I shout in my head as I watch the green light hit my mother.

My father screams my mother's name and then goes back to pleading with me. He doesn't seem to see Voldemort in his cloak.

"Hermione, why aren't you helping me? Why are you letting your parents get hurt? Do you not love us?" Wendell asks me, screaming the words.

"Yes, Mrs. Granger why are you letting your parents die in front of your eyes?" Voldemort asks me. Tears are pouring down my face and I can feel a frozen sob in my stomach that is beginning to hurt. "You can save your father though, I will let you both go free. Just tell me. What is the Order's plan?" I finally move my eyes back to the cloaked figure. I stare into the black hole where Voldemort's head is. I glare at him with the most malice I can form with a frozen face. "Oh yes," The silencing spell is lifted, and before I can form words, the sob escapes my lips and I'm overcome with tears and uneven breathing for a minute. "There there Mrs Granger. Just tell me the Order's plan and this pain will all go away."