the truth

Carlos

"you look like you're in a good mood. feeling good?" I looked around from my locker and nodded at José who had just approached me.

my mood has actually been fantastic lately. Jezabelle and I have been going out more with each other and we've been getting more content and comfortable with each other.

I still hadn't brought her up to the guys; not letting them know that I'd been seeing her since she first started her internship, waiting for the moment to arise.

her internship was coming to an end as today was her last day working as our trainer.

she told me that she would be returning to college to finish up her semester, but that she'll most likely have tons of free time since the classes she had left to take were not so crucial.

we had already made plans for a lunch date tomorrow, which could be reason why I showed up to the clubhouse grinning so hard.

I looked for ways to tell the guys about her in between but I knew that we had to keep professional relationships in the clubhouse and I didn't want to affect her reputation.

I figured since it was her last game, she wouldn't mind if I made our relationship public.

"I feel great actually. we've been having a good home stand so far and I'm certain that we'll play the same way we've been playing as usual. plus, it's Jezabelle's last game in the dugout with us. i'm ready to go out there and give it all I got, for her," I shrugged.

"whoaaa..." José started. "Jezabelle? you and Jezabelle?" he asked me, his voice surprised as he knew what I was hinting at.

"yeah," I nodded and shrugged, not knowing what to say even though I had waited so long for this day.

José smiled at me as I slowly went to sit down in my chair. "for how long?"

"since her first day really. I had seen her before, but it was the first day she came here," I explained. "she gave me this good mood. it's like she sparks up something inside me, I don't know how to describe it. it's weird José,"

he just kept smiling at me and nodded his head, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

I knew that he felt the same thing every time he went home to his wife, the same way the rest of the guys felt.

"so you guys have been talking for almost a month now?" José asked as he sat down in his own chair.

"yeah, and I hadn't even realized,"

"well I'm glad for you, I'm happy for you both," he congratulated me as he turned to face the rest of guys in the locker room.

"did any of guys know that Carlos and Jezabelle were seeing each other?" he shouted. "or am I the last one to find out?" he said as he turned back to face me as I gave him a smirk.

everyone in the locker room looked at me, all of them surprised.

they each stopped what they were doing; some were getting changed into their uniform and others just sitting, and walked up to surround me.

"why didn't you tell us?" Alex was the first to ask.

"I didn't know how to," I began to explain. "once we hit if off, I really wanted to. I just didn't feel that it would've been at the right moment though since I wanted her to have a professional reputation,"

"story time," Jake told me as he pulled up his chair next to me.

I told them about the first time I saw Jezabelle.