my world

after the Angel series finale at home, some of the players including Carlos and myself prepared to make our way to Lucky Strike, a bowling alley.

George was hosting an event at the venue, in regards to a campaign entitled "Camp SAY," an organization that provided support to children who speak with a stutter.

once George had told me he once suffered from a stutter, I was more than eager to participate in the event.

"I never would've guessed," I told Carlos in the car on our way to the alley. "about George,"

"his campaign?" Carlos guessed.

I shook my head. "no, about him having a stutter. he's always just so full of excitement,"

"oh, well he's a fun guy," Carlos shrugged. "he's said that his stutter was very bad but it didn't hold him back from things,"

"obviously," I giggled. "Springer dinger,"

"leadoff dinger," Carlos laughed back.

Carlos and I met up with George, Lance, José, Jake, and George's new buddy, Josh Reddick. the alley was filled with a lot of little children bowling and having other types of fun.

George stood surrounded by the guys and smiled as Carlos and I approached them.

"hey! you two made it!" his excitement evident in his voice.

"I told you we'd be here," Carlos greeted him back. "everything looks like its going good in here,"

George nodded as Lance, José, Josh, and Jake agreed. "yeah, it couldn't be better. you two gonna come bowl with us?" George asked.

"for sure," I answered.

"you know, George. if we hadn't came, Jezabelle here never would guessed you had a stutter," Carlos told George.

Josh spoke up. "I know! you're always so loud and happy. this is mind-blowing for me," he said.

the rest of the guys shared their stories on how they reacted when they found out of George's stutter before they actually went to bowl.

once we all started, Carlos showed off his skills while George, Josh, and Jake were constantly challenging each other in games.

Carlos and I played for a while until George had noticed my constant strikes, so of course he called me out and made a challenge.

he won, because I clearly let him win, and I joined Lance, Carlos, and Jose on nearby benches to bet who would win the next game between George, Jake, and Josh.

"why are guys so competitive?" I laughed.

"George and Jake are always competing against each other," Lance smirked. "and Josh just added to it,"

"my money is on Josh," José laughed. "just look at him, he's so focused on where to roll the ball,"

"I got Jake. it looks like his skills have improved a bit," Lance said.

they both looked over to me. "who do you got?" they both asked.

"George? I don't know,"

José and Lance started a new conversation and I moved my head around, scanning my eyes for Carlos who seemed to disappear.

when I couldn't see him anywhere, I began to stand up until Carlos came back into my view.

"where'd you go?" I asked him.

he waved his phone in his hand and held onto my arm, leading me to a more quiet spot in the alley.

"my mom called. her and my dad are at the house right now," he blurted.