very young

the weeks have been nothing but blurs.

I spent literally all my days with Carlos though - officially moving into his house and already feeling safe and secure.

Carlos told me he was happy that I was now able to consider his house, home.

time got busy again. Carlos began preparing for spring training, working out and eating right. while he was occupying himself with staying in shape, I was making moves in the working field.

being an adult sucked. sure, I didn't have to worry about paying rent for an apartment anymore, but I still didn't want to work.

I sent my resume to every sports rehabilitation center in the city and was only waiting for a call. I made sure to put down my internship experience and AJ informed me that he would be willing to help me out and pull some strings.

I was hoping that he was able to work magic though. even if it was a whole new experience for me, I was desperate to quickly get a job.

and of course, AJ pulled through.

after Carlos had left early this morning to go work out with Jose, Lance, Dallas, and whoever else, AJ called and told me to meet him at Minute Maid.

while I was on my way, my Mom called me - which had been a while, and excitement flooded throughout my body when I heard her voice.

"Jezabelle," my Mom said. "how have your days been, sweetie?"

"I've been making the days count, Mom. but today just got better,"

"are you going somewhere or are you at home in your apartment?" she asked.

mmm...there is a lot she doesn't know about yet.

"I'm going to Minute Maid Park, to see about a job," I said.

"for your sports job? aren't you still working with the baseball team?"

"that was just an internship. I'm going to see about a lifelong job,"

there was a noise from her end and she wasn't responding. but when she did, it was something I didn't expect to hear from her just yet.

"do you have a boyfriend?" my Mom wondered.

I approached a red light and stopped, taking my hand of the wheel, and smirked. almost everyone I hadn't spoken to in a while was able to guess about Carlos.

"for some time now," I grinned.

"what is his name? how did you meet him? why didn't you tell me yet?" she rambled all in one breath while I laughed at her.

"his name is Carlos," I told her. "and when you come back home, the three of us will get together. he's already asked about you too,"

I was smiling too wide thinking of Carlos while my Mom was telling me how happy she is for me. I was most certain that the two of them will get along just fine.

"Jezabelle," she spoke. "I know that you and Carlos might have this mature relationship and are having sex-"

"Mom!" I interjected as my cheeks heated up.

the light turned green and I continued to drive as she continued speaking without letting my embarrassment slow her down.

"just remember that you are still very young, and no matter how much you like or love Carlos, or whatever, just remember that you need to focus on continuing to better your life. I don't want you to worry about him too much, because you still have yourself to worry about. I know how selfless you are to those you care about, but I need you to be a little selfish at times. I just...this is all so hard on me, and I know that it's hard on you, too. I just need to make sure you're going to continue to focus on working through this," Mom confessed.