bold decisions

practice was officially over after darkness hit and some of the players were in the locker room, doing whatever it is they do while others stood in the hallway talking to each other about their six-game home stand.

the rest of the day went injury-free and I had grabbed my purse from my new office after Luhnow explained what I was to expect the next day, along with some paperwork I would receive about the overall health and any previous injuries about each player.

I made my way to locker room since I seen AJ walk in to let him know I was leaving, also hoping that I would find Carlos so we could finish our conversation.

"I didn't mean to make you stay the whole time," AJ apologized, "it's just that Carlos is one of our many star players and I sort of panicked after he got hit,"

"I know how important this is," I reasoned. "I don't mind staying at all,"

after saying goodnight to AJ and the players who were around me, I made my way back to the parking lot bummed that I wasn't able to catch up with Carlos until I saw him walk out from my office which triggered excitement for me.

"you're still here," he said surprised, "are you leaving now?"

"I am," I answered him. "you feeling okay? does it hurt you to walk?

"I'm perfect," Carlos nodded.

"yes, you are," I thought.

"do you think you could walk me out to my car?" I finally asked, as I looked out the double doors and noticed the pitch black of night. "if you don't want to, I understand,"

Carlos opened one of the doors with one hand and held it open for me.

"after you," he said as we both walked out together.

we walked in a comfortable silence and I looked up to the sky, intrigued at how many stars lit up the sky even though it looked so dark from the inside.

I must have whispered 'wow' out loud because it led Carlos to look up as well.

"it's a beauty isn't it?' he asked. "it's beautiful,"

"a lot of things are beautiful," I said back.

"yes, a lot of things are Jezabelle," he responded.

I looked up at him as he stared down at me as if he were angry about something.

"yesterday, at the restaurant," Carlos brought up, "those two guys you were with called you ugly,"

"that is just the way they speak to me, they don't mean it," I explained with honesty.

"well, that was the reason why I was staring at you for so long," he said, "you didn't get freaked out or give an attitude about it either. why?"

"because a lot of things are beautiful," I said, repeating what he said as I looked away to open my car door.

the inside lights came on and the time flashed onto my car stereo and I saw as it read 11:11.

"it's 11:11," I told Carlos, "make a wish,"

"it already came true," Carlos said as he walked closer to my door. "I wished that I could run into you again, and here we are, caught up in the same time,"

"what if I told you that I wished for the same thing yesterday?" I asked him coincidently.

"I would say that you probably don't have a boyfriend," he smirked with a small laughter.

his laugh caused me to laugh and held my door open for me as I went to sit down and put my seatbelt on.

"we'll have our next staring contest some other time, some where that doesn't involve baseballs bouncing at you," Carlos assured me.