our future

"they're so, so adorable," I awed while I was holding both Baby Gonzalez and Baby Gurriel in my arms.

Carlos and I were at José's house visiting him and Giannina and their new daughter.

Marwin and Noel were there too with their daughter and new son and Yuli was there with his little boy

I was holding Marwin and Noel's son. Carlos was sitting next to me on their sofa holding José and Giannina's daughter with Marwin and Noel's daughter snuggled next to him and watching her sleep.

my arm was wrapped around Yuli's son and he was snuggled in my side, taking turns looking at both babies Carlos and I were holding.

"you guys make some nice babies," Carlos said looking at all the children. "Jez and I are holding future all-star's right here,"

"not me!" Marwin and Noel's daughter, Eliana shrieked. "I'm a princess!" she said, pointing to her princess crown and twirling her heart wand around.

"and a very beautiful one," Carlos smiled down at her and watching her blush.

the guys started speaking about the Houston Children's Charity 20th Annual Gala that was happening tonight where Carlos was going to be named as honorary chairman.

some of the players were attending to support him and he was mentioning how it was going to be one of his biggest achievements.

Giannina took Noel to the bedroom to show her the evening gown she was going to wear and José , Marwin, and Yuli started a conversation on what their plans for the holidays were going to be.

Carlos and I started our own quiet conversation.

"they really are beautiful," Carlos said above a whisper while he watched every child who eventually fell asleep on us. "and so tiny,"

I stared down at Marwin and Noel's son, Brooks. he was sleeping so peacefully that I couldn't resist giving him a small kiss on his fuzzy head.

Carlos did the same thing to Jose and Giannina's baby and turned to give a kiss to a sleeping Eliana and rubbing Yuli's sleeping son softly on his head.

"I know," I said softly. "it makes me want to have one,"

"oh really?" Carlos smirked and laughed.

I turned to look at him. "what?" I giggled. "eventually I would want to have a baby,"

"oh, eventually? I thought you wanted one right now. I was going to say..." Carlos said.

I knew what he was referring to. "say what?" I asked innocently.

Carlos giggled and whispered. "I was going to say that all we would have to do is do what we did last night,"

"oh my gosh, be quiet!" I said, looking to see how exactly close Jose, Yuli, and Marwin were standing.

Carlos tried to control his laughter so he wouldn't wake the babies up.

he bit down on his lip to try to calm himself but I knew he was thinking about what we did last night and his conclusions. I thought about it too.

"last night was amazing," Carlos finally said. "do not deny it, I made your first time memorable," I looked away to hide my blush because what Carlos said was true.

"stop it," I muttered.

"you didn't tell me that last night," he smirked.

"Carlos!" I gritted my teeth so I could fight back my laughter.

"you didn't say my name that aggressive last night either,"

I felt my cheeks getting hot and it only made Carlos smile more.