#12

Carly had fallen asleep on the sofa she was emotional drained, Connie sat stroking her daughters hair, she had tear stained cheeks from the silent tears she had cried.
'I'm sorry Carly, you were meant to have a better life, I gave you up for you to have a better life, but this... This seems like the worse possible thing I could have done, please forgive me, please let me make it up to you, please let me in to help you'
Connie stopped and looked around the room 'Carly I will do anything for you to let me be there for you, I've not always been the perfect mother, just ask Grace but I really want to try for you and Grace, I'd love to be part of Mya life and get to the the real Carly Jones the Carly Jones that your starting to show me'
Carly had heard every word she wanted to hear what Connie had to say, she slowly opened her eyes seeing Connie looking so upset and so vulnerable 'Hey none of this is your fault, you gave me up to great parents, I wouldn't change the first 12 years of my life, they were incredible and if my life hadn't turned at that point I my never have met Jamie and I might not have had Mya, yes I've been dealt a pretty crappy hand and yes there are many points in my life I'd like to change but I can't, but I want to get to know you, I want a family, I want Mya to have you in her life as well as Grace and Jacob but.... Right now I'd just like to take it slow, Mya happy and I don't want to throw something this big at her, I haven't see her this happy in months I haven't seen her this carefree in months, I...I don't want to set her back' Connie nodded and smiled a small smile at her 'but that doesn't mean I don't want to know you or Grace, I really do and I really hope one day we can tell Grace who I really am'.
The front door opened and the two girls came running inside 'we bet you so we get to pick what we have for dinner' Jacob who looked very worn out collapsed on the sofa 'fine but it's got to be take out, how can you two run that fast, I mean you had me doing loads of silly stunts at the park, was that your plan so you could make this deal with me?' The two girls laughed 'Jacob you should know never to mess with a Beauchamp' Connie looked to Carly and the women laughed.
'Right I say what about we bring down duvets, pillows blankets etc and make a huge bed on the floor and how a film night and order what ever take away you two want?' Mya squealed with excitement 'yes please' Connie smiled 'Right everyone change into you Pjs and we can get comfortable, girls go tell Jacob what he needs to order?'
Half an hour later, pizza was ordered everyone was in their pjs and sat all together watching films Connie had both young girls each side of her while Carly was sat next to Grace and Jacob the other side of Mya, Mya cuddled into Connie, Connie heart was melting at the touch of her young granddaughter, she pulled her tighter into a cuddle, Mya looked up at Connie and whispered 'I love it here' she smiled a huge smile at Connie lent down and whispered to her 'We love having you here' Mya smiled and laid her head on Connie while watching the film.
Two films later Grace had fallen asleep on Carly and Mya had fallen asleep on Connie, Jacob turned to Connie 'Shall I carry them upstairs?' Connie shook her head 'I think tonight I'd like to stay like this, family night curled up downstairs, what do you say Carly?' Carly who was half asleep moved lower down to the floor 'Mmmmm'.
Jacob hadn't taken his eyes off of Connie while they spent the next half an hour watching an episode of friends. Connie wasn't really watching it she just watched Mya sleeping 'sweetcheeks are you okay?' She nodded 'yeah, everything finely falling into place in my head, this... This is what I want Jacob, my family around me, I want you, Grace, Carly and this little one in my life always. We talked today and we're going to take it slow, but she wants us, all of us in her life to' Jacob smiled she Connie so happy 'of course she does, she'd be mad not to' they both laughed, Connie held her free hand out 'Muscles, I'm so lucky to have you' he lent forward trying not to squash Mya 'I'm the lucky one to have you' and kissed her gently before they before moved down falling asleep holding hands.