#49

It was Christmas Eve, their shifts had come to an end, Connie and Jacob walked up to maternity, she walked up to the desk 'I'm Connie Beauchamp I've got a scan' the women behind the desk looked at her computer 'oh yes here you are, if you'd like to take a seat' Connie sat next to Jacob and rested her head on his shoulder.

'Can you believe we find out if it's a boy or girl' she kissed her head 'whatever the sex, it's going to be beautiful just like you' she smiled 'always the charmer hey'.

'Mrs Beauchamp' they stood up and laced their fingers together as they walked to the room, she climbed on the bed and rolled up her top and undone her trousers and rolled them down slightly, Mr T put some gel on her stomach he moved the wand over her stomach, Jacob bent down and kissed her forehead, she squeezed his hand smiling at him 'everything looks good and healthy, lets listen to the heartbeat' a strong heartbeat filled the room, Connie looked up at Jacob who had tears running down his cheek, she wiped the tears away 'why the tears?' He looked down 'there happy tears, I mean the girls I feel our my daughters but I never got this, I've never experienced this before' she placed a hand on his chest and smiled at him.

'Would you like to know the sex?' She looked at him then back to Mr T 'yes please' he smiled 'it's a healthy little boy, congratulations' Jacob bent down and kissed her lips softly.

Connie and Jacob walked out hand in hand with the biggest smiles on their faces 'I suppose I best tell the team, we're having a baby' he laughed 'yeah you better don't want you giving birth in the middle of rests, because they don't know'.

As soon as they walked into the front door Mya and Grace ran to them 'what is it, what is it?' They said excited Connie went to tell them to get into the living room when Jacob butted in 'it's....a BABY' Grace rolled her eyes just like Connie and Carly always did 'go into the living room and when Carly gets home you're find out' Carly had turned up with Charlie who was carrying a box and Cal, Jacob and Connie called them out into the garden with the box that Charlie and brought with him.

'Girls I'd like you to take a side of the box then after three we're open it together, pink for a girl, blue for a boy' the girls were jumping up and down with excitement, Cal who had his hands snaked around Carly and whispered into her ear 'I'd love this to be us' she smiled at him and kissed his lips gently '1, 2, 3' they pulled open the box and lots of blue balloons flew up into the sky 'a boy, Carly we're getting a brother' Carly smiled 'congratulations Mum' kissing her cheek 'Congratulations da..Jacob' kissing his cheek, while Grace and Mya where dancing around the garden, Charlie walked over and congratulated them all, they all went back instead and sat on the sofa watching a Christmas film and having a drink.

It was soon time for them to head to bed, Carly climbed into bed where Cal was already laying, she kissed him gently 'do you really want a baby?' He looked and her and cupped her face 'I want everything with you, I know we already are me you and Mya and if you don't want more children that's fine because we have Mya, all I want is you both, our family' she smiled and curled into him 'well you know the day in the store cupboard?' He smiled 'as if I could forget, the hot sex with you in that cupboard' he then whispered into her ear 'I personally think we should recreate that in the new year, but in different store cupboards' she kissed his lips 'I take that as a yes' she bit her lip 'well we forgot to use something, and well I've been thinking, why don't we keep forgetting and see what happens' he turned to he, she could the happy expression on his face 'really, you mean it, you want a baby with me?' 'Why wouldn't I?' She kissed him but this time running her tongue across his bottom lip, he granted her access to his mouth, things soon got heated, night clothes ripped off, moaning coming from both their lips.

2 hours later and 4 rounds of love making, she curled into him 'Cal I love you' he kissed her lips 'I love you more' they soon fell asleep in each other's arms.

The next morning they were awoken by both girls jumping on their bed shouting 'ITS CHRISTMAS' Carly sat up,and pulled the cover close to her chest, 'morning to you both to' as she yawned 'mummy he been, Father Christmas has been' she smiled and cupped her daughters face 'of cause he has baby you've been such a good girl' 'come on Mya lets go woke up my mum and dad now'.

15 minutes later with everyone in their dressing gowns they were all stood on the landing waiting for Jacob to come out, once he had they finally all walked downstairs into the living room, the room was full of Christmas presents in piles with Christmas sacks with all their names on, Carly looked around 'Mum you spent far to much on Mya', looking at all the presents that weren't from her 'well I've got seven years to make up for' Carly shook her head 'no mum, that isn't the answer' Connie placed a hand to Carly's cheek 'let me spoil you both, just this once' Carly sighed 'not like I have a choice now' they all went and sat down watching as Mya and Grace open all their presents, squeals of excitement leaving their mouths very so often.

Carly handed Connie a box 'Merry Christmas mum' Connie smiled 'thank you baby' she pulled off the lid and found inside the box was many different presents, she started to unwrap them on at a time' first was a cup with a photo of all of them from their holiday in turkey with the writing on "worlds best mum" Connie felt a lump raising in her throat, 'I love it' Carly had brought her, her favourite perfume, a top she thought was very Connie, her favourite chocolate, the last present in the box was a photo frame that she had engraved, it said 'Mum, we love you more than yesterday but not as much as tomorrow, because everyday you show use just how brilliant and wonderful you are xx' it had four spaces for photos, Carly had put a photo of her and Mya in one space, a photo of Grace and Jacob in another space then in the third space was the scan photo, Connie then noticed a note in the fourth "space for the family photo shoot, we've got booked for when baby masters arrives" Connie had tears rolling down her cheeks, something so small it meaningful meant so much to her, 'Mum it wasn't meant to make you cry' she shook her head 'happy tears baby happy tears'.

'Well Mum that's not your last present' she handed Connie a large box, 'Me and Grace worked on this together' Connie opened the box, it was a huge canvas she'd had made, with loads of different photos, photos of Grace growing up, photos of Mya as a baby, photos of Jacob and Connie, the photo of Connie holding Carly a few minutes old, photos of Carly and Cal, it had photos from the past year, all their memories they did been making, in the centre was a phot of the five of them, Connie, Carly, Jacob, Grace and Mya in turkey on the boat, they looked so happy together 'we thought it could go in your office at work and when you're having a tough day, you're see all these memories and smile' Grace said innocently 'oh I love it' as she hugged both the girls tight.

Cal handed Carly her presents, he whispered in her ear 'I've got one more upstairs but you can't open it in front of your family' she but her lip and turned to him 'oh I can't wait' before kissing him gently. Cal had brought Carly perfume, clothes, shoes,handbags he'd spoilt her rotten just like Connie had.

Connie called her out to the hall way where Jacob put his hands over her eyes, he whispered 'do you trust me' she nodded 'then let me guide you' he slowly guided her outside the front Grace eyes widened and she smiled 'right I'll remove my hands in 3, 2, 1' Carly mouth opened 'you...you....got...me a car...my dream car!'.

Connie smiled and gave her the key 'all yours baby' Carly couldn't believe her eyes she throw her arms around both Connie and Jacob 'thank you Mum, thank you dad' she hadn't even registered what she'd said, she quickly ran over to the car, looking around the silver Vauxhall Mokka, Cal walked up behind her he snaked his arms around her waist and handed her another present, she turned to him 'baby you spoilt me enough' he smiled  'this one isn't just for you, I think your mum and Jacob' he leant in 'even thou you just called him dad, will love this' she opened it without her family seeing 'personalised number plates, Cal I love them' she ran her fingers across them "MAST C16" well it's think year you changed your name, she bit her lip 'I haven't given him his present yet'.