Date Part 3

I was finishing getting dressed for my date. Damon had came in after I had put my clothes on. I wore a long sleeve maroon colored crop top, black, knee ripped skinny jeans, and black converse. After I had fixed my hair, I turned around to show Damon my outfit. He slightly disapproved, but I wore it anyway, we were going about 1 mile away from the house, a few minutes from the river. Damon said and I quote. "If he touches you, looks at you wrong, or makes any flirtatious comments, tell me." Talk about trust issues. Before, I felt my room I decided to put gloves on just in case. Damon walked me down the steps, and lead me to Luke. He was wearing khaki cargo pants, and a muscle tee. He was carrying a basket. Damon growled before passing me off to Luke. Everyone in the house snickered and laughed. Luke stuck his tongue out.

"Damon, I'm not mating her, calm down." Luke said. I froze. How does he know so much, the house went silent then laughter filled it once again. Damon growled once again, he began stomping towards Luke. Right as he was about to trap him, I put my hand on his chest, stoping his movement and calming him down. We don't have time for him to stop this date. I was close to everyone except Luke and Melanie. Melanie and I were going to hang out after they go back to check on there pack tomorrow. Damon leaned in and whispered into my ear, "I can feel everything you do, remember what I said, if anything starts to happen tell me." I nodded and quickly kissed his check trying to avoid burning anything. I turned to the leaving room, which consisted of both sets of parents, my brother, and Melanie and waved goodbye. "We'll be back I a hour or two." And with that I grasped Luke's hand and walked out the door. It took about 20 mins on foot to get to where the hill was; where we wanted to eat. While walking Luke started a conversation. "Do you love Damon?"

"Huh?"

"Do you love Damon?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean."

"First, I don't really, completely understand love. I mean I got as much love as I could mentally from my family. But other than that I don't understand love. I could never really understand love besides minor hugs."

"What else?"

"We argue a lot, with my curse it makes it seem like..." I sniffled

"It's okay, continue."

"Like whenever we're mad at each other, we feel like we're going to leave each or reject each other. I want to trust him, I want to experience love with him, I just don't want him to leave, before I get a chance to feel some type of way."

"Carmella, I may be eight but I know enough to know that Damon will never and I mean ever hurt you, and to me rejection falls under you getting hurt." I had just realized that we were at the hill. So I sat down and took the basket from Luke, I took out the blanket and to pillows out of the top if the basket and laid them down. Luke took out the food and set it up the way he like it.

The basket consisted of Grape cider, garlic bread, chicken Parmesan, vegetable lasagna, mash potatoes, corn, chocolate covered strawberries, baked and fried chicken, those fruit things on a stick that make shapes like flowers and the sun, salmon with the perfect seasoning, caviar, and soups.

"Wow." Was the only thing I could say as my mouth watered for the food I front of me.

"I know, but first-" I cut him off.

"Let me take a selfie." I took out my phone and angled it perfectly getting a smiling Luke and the delicious food in front of me, and also half of my face. After the picture we both just laughed.

"Carmella..." He said calming down his laughter.

"Hmm?"

"While we're eating, can I talk to..." He started counting his fingers. "Victoria", *lifts up pointer finger, "May", *lifts up middle finger, and "Alexa", *lifts up thumb.