12

YOUR POV

"(Y/N), please come with me. I want to talk to you, alone." Dave said, with a very serious, but slightly embarrassed look on his face. I wonder what this was about.

"Okay, um, sure." I reply. "Karkat, I'll be right back!" I smile at him. I can see Karkat glaring at Dave. Thats odd, I don't see what Karkats problem is.

I follow Dave around to the edge of the river, near where I had fallen on top of Karkat.
"Listen, (Y/N), I really like you. Please, will you be my girlfriend?" Dave says, looking down at the ground.

What!? I mean, I knew he liked me, but he's got tons of girls all over him. Why does he want me?

"Dave, I'm sorry, but no. I dont like you." I felt so bad saying that, but it was true. I couldn't look at him, so I looked down and shut my eyes.

"Please, (Y/N), please! I really like you!" He kept insisting.
Oh, no. He was so upset, and I felt so bad I was about to cry.

Suddenly, he grabs my face. He leans towards me, his face red as a tomato.

"HEY, WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER!?" I hear Karkat shout. Thank god he stopped Dave, I wanted to curl up into a ball and cry right now.
"Dude, go away. This isn't your business." Dave sounded really mad.
"NO! LOOK, SHES ABOUT TO CRY AND YOU SHOULDNT BE DOING THAT TO HER!" Karkat was also mad.

I hear a loud thud. I look up and see Dave on the ground, Karkat standing in front of him like he was going to punch him.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" He shouts.

Without a word, Dave gets up and walks away. He turns around the corner, muttering something as he walks off.

I throw my arms around Karkat, hugging him tightly. "Thank you!" I say. I start crying into his shoulder. "He made me feel so bad, I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to say no, but I didnt want to say yes, either."

Karkat hugs me back, telling me it's okay. "Don't worry, I'll make sure he leaves you alone." He whispers.

(Yay, Karkat saved you! I'm sorry if you're kicking your story self for rejecting Dave Strider of all people, but it had to be done for story purposes!)