14

YOUR POV

"There! All done!" I had just finished the card I made for Karkat.

Come on, (D/N)! Let's go! I put the excited canine on a leash and we head over to Karkats house. As soon as we set the box down and ring the doorbell, I sprint back to my house, (D/N) right behind me.

I watch behind a tree as Karkat picks up the package and goes back inside.

I'm about to head inside then I hear someone behind me.

"Hi, (Y/N)!" Jade says, grinning at me.
"Hey, Jade." She's probably going to ask about Dave again, she keeps trying to get me to reconsider going out with him.

"Look, you're probably upset about me not liking Karkat. So, I wanted to say sorry about that. He obviously cares about you, more than he'll admit."

"What are you talking about? We're friends! He was just making sure I'm okay." What was she talking about? Yeah, Karkat cares about me, we're friends!

"Yeah, you're friends now. But I have a feeling it'll be more than that soon. Just think about that for a while." She has a mischievous grin, which is never good.

"Anyways, I have to head home now. You think about what I said. See ya tomorrow!" She turns and starts walking down the street.

I go to bed, but I don't sleep. I can't stop thinking about what Jade told me. What if she's right? I mean, Karkat has been pretty attached to me. And he is pretty attractive. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Karkat doesn't like me? He does seem to hang around that one girl, Terezi, quite a bit. Maybe he likes her?

I drift off to sleep, and the last thing I remember is thinking about whether I think Karkat is cute or not.