16

I was explaining to Karkat how to do his work, when I look over and see him staring at me.

He makes up an excuse about not being a good listener, but I know what he was doing.

"Well, obviously you aren't. Quit looking at me and work!" I say, rolling my eyes and giving him the pencil.

~The next day~
I wake up to find that I'm not on my bed, but instead I'm on Karkats couch. What happened?

I decide to go upstairs to his bedroom. There I see Karkat sleeping peacefully, wrapped up in blankets and pillows.

I decide to go back downstairs to sit on the couch and wait for him to wake up. A few minutes later, I see him walk down the stairs, shirtless and in his underwear.

He sees me, then his eyes get really wide and he starts blushing.

"Good morning, Karkat. Why am I sitting on your couch at seven in the morning?" I ask.

"Hi, (Y/N). I, uh, I forgot you were here. Well, you were helping me study, and you fell asleep on my shoulder. You wouldn't wake up, and I didn't really want to carry you home while you were sleeping." He explains. "Oh, and nothing happened, I promise." He adds, seeing the expression on my face.
Well, that's a relief. "Okay. So, did you finish your work?" I ask.

"Yep. And since it's a Saturday, we don't have to worry about school, for now." He smiles, but I think he was just happy he didn't have to do any work.

"Want some breakfast?" He asks, holding up a plate of pancakes.

"You can cook!?" I say in disbelief. I cannot see him doing anything like that.

"Yes. And don't act so surprised, I don't see you wielding any cooking utensils. Now, do you want some?" He acts annoyed, but he has a big goofy grin on his face.

I walk over and take the plate of pancakes out of his hands. "Definitely!"

Karkat comes and sits down next to me on the couch, and we continue to eat and talk for about half an hour.

~30 minutes later~

"Bye, Karkat!" I wave at him as I walk out the door.
"Bye, it was nice to spend time with you!" He says, waving back.

I'm almost home when I see a very upset Jade behind me.
She's crossing her arms and glaring at me.

"What? What have I done this time?" I groan. She gets mad so easily.

"YOU SPENT THE NIGHT WITH KARKAT!?" She shouts at me.
"WE'RE ONLY TEENAGERS!"

Oh no. I should have suspected this, since she must have seen me leave his house this early in the morning.

"No, that's not what happened!" I quickly explain. "I was helping him with Homework, and I fell asleep! He didn't want to carry me home, so I slept on his couch! Nothing happened, I swear!" If I don't convince her we didn't do anything, she will probably go rip Karkats head off.

"Are you lying to me? If you're lying to me, I will kill you." She says, still staring at me like she wants to kill me.

"No! I would never do that. We aren't even together!" I felt my cheeks getting red. Even the thought of doing that, especially with someone I'm not dating, is really embarrassing.

"Fine." She says, "I'll believe you, for now."