Chapter 2: Dick central

"You are aware of the angels Erika, are you?" Cas asked the Winchesters.

"Yeah, the angel who can exist in many forms all at once." Said Sam. "Legend says they roam the desert in search of lost souls and guide them to heaven."

"Cough-NERD-cough."

"Shut up, Dean!"

"Yes Sam, that is true. Except it's not 'heaven' that the angel guides them to. Instead, it's the town of Night Vale."

"Let me guess," said Dean. "Dick central."

"Not necessarily" said Cas. "The townspeople are unbearable, especially to strangers, even more so to angels, but the Erikas are quite nice.  They helped me in my investigations of the town and I aided them in caring for Old Woman Josie."

"I still don't see why you couldn't have called us," grumbled Dean. "You were gone for two weeks Cas, that warrants some kind of angelic text message."

"Two weeks?" said Cas. "Are you sure it was two weeks?"

"Yeah," said Sam. "It's not like time works differently in the desert."

"Actually it does," said Cas. "And that's why I've come to you. I need your help."

The brothers stared at Castiel. "You want OUR help. You don't talk to us for weeks, and now you want our help." Dean was getting angry. "No dice."

Cas walked over to Dean, getting right up in his face. "If this wasn't urgent I wouldn't have bothered you. Please Dean, for me."

Click

Sam's phone broke the silence as he took a picture of the strange pair.

Dean sighed as he and Cas stepped apart from each other. "Ok. Let's get this show on the road."

"What does entertainment have to do with driving?" asked Cas.