Chapter 13: Hello Boys!

WARNING: THINGS MAY GET INTENSE IN THIS CHAPTER. BE ON GUARD FOR A LITTLE VIOLENCE/GORE DESCRIPTIONS(NOTHING MAJOR, BUT FOR SOME IT MIGHT BE) I CAN'T SAY TOO MUCH BECAUSE IT WILL SPOIL THE PLOT, BUT BE WARNED.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carlos stood next to Sam and Dean as Cecil's body was ceremoniously thrown into Radon Canyon. It was a little off-putting at first, but Dana assured the boys that this was how you performed a funeral. When asked why they didn't bury the bodies, she replied, "If we buried everyone that died, there wouldn't be any space in town left for anything else."

Many townspeople showed up. Apparently Cecil had touched a lot of lives during his time as a radio host. There was Tamika Flynn, self-appointed city council member and leader of the middle school book club/ armed militia. Jackie Fierro, from the pawn shop, Diane Crayton, from the PTA, and even Steve Carlsburg was there. When asked why, he replied, with tears in his eyes, "Well, Cecil never let me go anywhere without an insult, so maybe he'll come back from the grave once he knows I'm here."

The ceremony was beautifully weird, just like anything else Night Vale had to offer. Carlos received many condolences, and everyone who came had something good to say about Cecil. Even if they had only heard his voice on the radio, everyone felt like they knew him personally.

Afterwards, Sam, Dean, and Cas went to the diner to organize their plans. "So what now?" asked Sam.

"The angels and I will work together to close the dog park," said Cas. "Just give us two more days and we will end this for sure."

Suddenly, there was a loud THUD, as if a minor earthquake had struck the town. The diner patrons ignored the noise, just as they ignored most things in life, but the trio raced to the windows.

The dog park was in shambles. The 10-foot walls were torn apart, the gates were blown fifty feet away, and bricks and rubble were everywhere. From the center of the disaster, they could see Crowley standing next to a man who looked a lot like Cecil. They were shaking hands, almost as if agreeing on something. Then they disappeared. "Cas," Dean said. "We have an issue!"

"I know Dean," said Cas. "We can't trap Crowley in the dog park anymore. We'll have to find another solution, fast."

Suddenly, the radio crackled to life. Sam, Dean, Cas, and even the diner patrons were surprised. Ever since Cecil had died, no one else had broadcast the news, so all radios had lain dormant and unused. Until now.

"Hello, citizens of Night Vale," said the radio. "This is Kevin, here to report some exciting new developments in town."

"Turn the radio up!" yelled Sam. The radio obliged. Everyone leaned in closer to listen to the broadcast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who may have had your memories wiped in the past 2 years, Hi! I'm Kevin! I used to report from here when Strexcorp- you remember Strexcorp, right?- managed the affairs in town. For the past several years I've lived in that mysterious Desert Otherworld, but that's all in the past now. Most things are in the past now, but as of this moment, the future!

Night Vale is under new management!!!! No more city council, no more secret police, and no more vague yet menacing government agencies listening in to your everyday lives. Instead, we all just have to submit to the will of our new overlord, Crowley!

"Crowley?"

"Shush Dean, I'm trying to listen."

Yes, you heard me right, listeners. And you all are so very lucky today, because we have him in the studio with us, right now! Hi Crowley!!!