Chapter 6: Dread

I wake up to a light knocking on my door.

I peel my eyes open and trudge over to the door, only to open it to a grinning Val.

"Mornin." He smiles as he pulls me into a hug.

I grunt to him in response, I'm not much of a morning person.

"Still tired?" He asked.

I roll my eyes and make my way to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get dressed really fast.

"So what is everyone up to today?"

He shrugs as he flops onto my bed and puts his arms behind his head,"I have no clue. Death is probably making friends with that weird dude and the others are probably heading down to the beach. "

I turn and raise my eyebrows,"So you do have an idea what everyone is doing."

"That's if we don't work today. " he smirks.

"What? Work?"

"Uh yeah, that's part of the deal or whatever. Remember? And don't think you are getting out of it because you are carrying our child." He smiled.

I bite my lip,"It isn't 'our' child. It is me and Poison's child. " I say without realizing.

His eyes widen, as do mine.

"Val wait...."

He shakes his head and leaves the room without saying a word.

"Well, shit." I sigh as I flop back onto my bed.

All I do is screw stuff up.
**********************************
Today wasn't a fun day at all. It was work day.

Dustin had called a food truck in today and we had to load everything we can into the van.

The food consisted of canned peaches, beans, olives, tomatoes, soups, etc.

What it didn't consist of was dog food, thank goodness.

We also got a bunch of medical supplies and a weapon bag.

"Jazzy." Curly Fry said in astonishment.

"I think I broke my nail." Electric Rose pouted.

"Really babe?" Cola said as he rolled his eyes and lifted a case of water.

"Times like this I wish I was crippled so I didn't have to carry this crap." Squinted Noodle said as he glared at Dr. Deathdefying.

"Look at him. Drinking that soda. Being all crippled and relaxing." I say jokingly.

"You don't have to help, you know. You are pregnant with Poison's baby after all. That's an excuse." Val said with venom.

Oh really?

The others all look at him with a surprised look on his face.

"Where did that come from?" Cola muttered.

He didn't even look up at me, or anyone else. He just kept walking and carrying stuff to the van.

"Val." I say as I cross my arms over my chest.

No answer.

"Fine. Be all butt hurt. Because it isn't a lie, it is Poison's kid. Well guess what? He is dead. So now my kid will need you. You will still be in the picture so stop being a damn baby and man up. I'm preganant for Destroya's sake. I'm gonna say dumb stuff. So get over it."

I am appauled at what I had said, and I immediately covered my mouth. Eyes wide open once the words left my mouth.

His icy blue eyes make contact with mine.