Chapter 28: Fries and Snakes

Toxic Kitten POV:

I watch Party Poison get into the car with Val Velocity.

He scrunched up his nose a little as he entered the car, looking Val's way. He probably didn't even realize he made a Face towards him.

I appreciate Poison being friendly to Val, around me at least. I'm not sure what goes on behind closed doors.

Just like how I had no clue what was going on with Squinted Noodle and Curly Fry.

They always seemed to be okay with each other. The way she looked at him and walked off after he was killed definitely shocked me.

If Poison ended up being a traitor and was executed right in front of me I would be crying my eyes out despite the betrayal.

I saw her with Ghoul, Jet, and Kobra. They all had grim looks on their faces, and judging by how angry Curly Fry looked as she spoke to them, she was filling them in about what happened.

I decide to head over there for myself because people were looking my way, and i just felt uncomfortable being alone.

I walk across the soft, desert sand that laid out before us in all directions.

The sun was still up, but not very high. The sun should be setting in about a couple of hours, the the party could start as soon as the boys come back with the booze.

"Man, I'm really sorry to hear about that. " Jet Stat spoke out as soon as I arrived the their spot.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, but honestly fuck him. He's better off this way. If that's hard to hear then I'm sorry sweet cheeks. " Kobra huffed out, clearly agitated.

There was a twinkle in Curly Fry's eye when she looked and Kobra, "Do I seem like a terrible person if I told you that I don't give a shit that he is dead? Yeah, we went through tough times together and you all obviously heard what would be going on in the rooms at night-" she chuckled, "- but in the end he was a traitor. Always was. I'm just gonna try and forget about him. I don't think about people who fuck me over.  "

"Lucky for you the beer can help with that. " Kobra Kid smirked.

Ghoul stays silent, he and Noodle had been talking and were probably good friends. That's what Fun Ghoul thought at least.

The thoughts spinning in my head didn't add up to what she was telling them. Maybe we just cared differently about people. We both had different ways of moving on and looking past things. I'm not sure if she is wearing a brave face or if she truly feels this way.

Ghoul walks off without warning, Jet follows him. Kobra looks at me, to Curly Fry, to the guys, then repeats a couple of times. He shrugs and walks off towards the boys' direction.

"What's going on on your head?" I ask her.

She was caught off guard with the question. Her dark brown eyes were wide," What do you mean? "

I roll my eyes, "You are acting like this is nothing! Didn't you love him? I know he was a traitor, but you are either really good at hiding your emotions or you don't have any at all. " I say.

She chuckles as she shakes her head, "Look T, you and I are obviously different. You care way too much, I care way too little. I'm kind of a cold hearted bitch, if you haven't noticed. Yeah, we went through a lot together, but that wasn't him. He was pretending the whole time, lying the whole time. Once you lie to me, it's done. I won't put up with it. "