Chapter 7: Welcome to Paradise

I'm not in the car anymore. That's for sure.

I am consious but I can't move or open my eyes. I just lay there. Helpless.

This is all a nightmare. It isn't real. This isn't real.

I tell myself this over and over again.

Why would they come and get me now? We kept away from Battery City. There is no reason whatsoever that they would need me.

All I know is that I have to put up a fight for this. I can't give up. The others need me. I'm the last fabulous killjoy left.

Most importantly, my child is the reason I have to stay alive.

"What are you going to do to her?" A voice says.

A familiar voice.

"You choose." A feminine voice says. She sounded almost robotic, yet human all at the same time.

"I know that if I tell you not to do anything to her at all, you won't listen. So just surprise me. Just nothing too terrible. He will freak out if he finds out you hurt more than one person." The male voice said, his tone on edge.

"I make no promises." The voice says. I can hear the smirk in her voice.

"Cho. I'm serious. "

Cho. I should have known.

"He can't do anything even if he wanted to. You all are nothing but prisoners."

The male scoffs.

My eyes flutter open and I gasp. My vision is very blurry, but I can see the silloett of Cho and the man.

"Put her back to sleep." She says.

I hear the man sigh.

He comes closer and closer to me. I still can't make out his face.

I grabs a syringe and a needle is plunged into my neck once again.

I feel the same darkness come over me again, but I fight it.

My vision goes from black, to reality every few seconds.

"It will be okay." The man whispers into my ear, pulling away.

I still can't see very well, but I remember seeing hazel eyes right before I lost the battle with the syrum.

***********************************

Cold.
Cold hard metal is what I am laying on.

My whole body feels numb all around.  My thoughts are spinning again. Confusion wandering my around my brain.

I need to make a plan to get out of here, but now that they have me, they are probably high on security.

The room is so white. All four walls, white.

There is nothing. I can't even think straight. I can't feel.

They must have given me a happy pill. The pills given to all citizens of Battery City to make them not feel anything at all and be brainwashed minions.

If I get enough doses, I will become one of them also.

I sniffle and look around the room once.

On one of the walls, there is a mirror.

Double-sided mirror.

Huh, think I'm dumb enough to think you aren't watching me?