Chapter 10:

"So did you talk to Cho?" Frank asks in between bites of his sandwich.

I sigh and grab my hair,"No. I could have, but she said it would have to wait."

He gives me an irritated look,"Why does it have to wait?"

"Meetings. She isn't going to be in the city for a couple of days. She left Korse in charge."

He slams his fist on the table,"God damn it Gerard you could have said something really quick! We need to get Toxic out of here." He whispers loudly.

I wince when he calls me by my real name. It's been months since we've been here, since our killjoy identities were taken away from us.

"No, Ghoul. It takes time to convince someone that cold to let go of a prisoner. I know what I'm doing."

"Don't call me Ghoul. Not when they are around. You know the rules." He said as he gave a disgusted look to the BLi workers that walked around us.

I rest my head in my hands," How is she?"

He looks up at me, sad eyes but he still had a smile,"She didn't think I was real. She's been hallucinating about us. "

I look up at him with wide eyes,"It's that bad? It got bad enough to the point that she hallucinates?"

He nods his head grimly,"I hugged her and she knew I was real. She cried so hard,Gee, so hard."

He closes his eyes.

"We've put her through hell. "

"No. I did." I say as I run a hand through my hair,"Does she know that the rest of us are alive."

His smile finally reached his eyes,"yes. That's when I saw the hope go back to her eyes. She wants to see you."

I smile when he said the last sentence,"I've been wanting to see her since she arrived. I don't care if she was with Val. I don't care that she looks 'terrible' in everyone else's eyes, because she is still beautiful to me."

I feel a hint of happiness, a warm feeling spark in my body.

I only get that every once in a while. And it is only when I think of her.

I honestly believe she is the reason I am not an emotionless robot yet.

"Go see her tonight." Frank whispers to me,"You guys both need it. You guys need each other."

I give him a small smile and a nod.

"I will." I reply.
*****************************

As I walk around the building to see if I can find Kobra Kid anywhere, and sure enough, I find him mopping the hallway.

I should try talking to him again.

I lean against the wall,"Hey, Mikey."

He glances up at me, then continues mopping the floor.

I do an over exaggerated sigh,"How long are you going to be mad at me? I thought things were getting better between us."

He throws the mop down on the ground and approaches me,"I don't know Gerard. It's bad enough that you get us all in here and didn't even discuss it with anyone, and now your plan failed, because that stupid deal obviously didn't work! Look where it got us. Where it got Toxic!"

"Keep your voice down or the gaurds will come." Is all I say to him.

He is right. This is my fault, but I had good intentions. I never wanted it to be this way.