Chapter 13: I see right through you

Val Velocity POV:

"Do you think there is a chance that Batery City has her?" Val asked angrily.

Dr. Deathdefying tapped his fingers impatiently on the wooden desk as all the other killjoys looked at him.

"I'm not too sure kiddo. They promised they wouldn't take her. We have been peaceful for months. " he replied.

Val scoffed," Are you kidding yourself? You actually trusted that they would stay off our tails?"

Val turned around and saw Dustin smirking amongst them.
He walked over to him angrily," You had something to do with this, didn't you?" Val said as he shoved his finger in Dustin's face.

Dustin made a disgusted look and said,"Get your giant, disgusting finger out of my face." He patted down his hair," How rude of you to treat your host this way. "

Val gritted his teeth," you didn't answer the damn question. "

Brandon smiles maliciously," I told you all of the items would have a price to pay. She was it. "

The killjoys all looked at him, dumbfounded. Even Dr. death was shocked with the news.

"W-why would you do this? You are a killjoy. You betrayed your own kind. "

"I did nothing of the sort. BLI offered big bucks for her. The world is full of deals. I couldn't pass this one up. I never wanted Toxic to get hurt. But sometimes, one person is worth losing to great things. "

Val started towards him and swung, but Squinted Noodle got in the way.
He raised his eyebrows at Val, a silent way of asking if he was done with his macho man bullcrap.

Val took a deep breath,"Are they going to kill her?"

Dustin took a sudden interest in his nails," Don't know. I said they could do whatever they want to her. As long as they kept their end of the bargain. But they probably won't hurt her. "

"And what was that bargain?" Cherri Cola spoke up.

"Oh. To leave us alone and give us all the supplies we will ever need. "

"Well let me tell you one thing. They don't keep promises very well. They aid they wouldn't disturb us. Now look what happened."

"They only wanted Toxic. Don't get all mad at me because they said they were gonna take her so she could give birth with proper doctors and whatnot. I'm not sure if they are going to torture her after that or what."

Val's heart dropped. He wanted to be there when she gave birth. He was now the father figure in the child's life and he cared deeply for her.

"Please tell us her exact location. I need to be there when the baby is born. "

Dustin gave Val a confused look," Why?"
"To see my child being born. " he said as pride overwhelmed him.

"What?" Curly Fry asked,"what are you saying?" She whispered.

"Not my kid, biologically, but..." he trailed off as everyone seemed to get his point.

"You could go to Bat City, but they might shoot you on the spot. "

"Look," Curly Fry said, she looked irritated and on edge,"I don't trust Bat City. I don't trust you. You are probably just a spy for them. "

"No. no. Just someone who needs supplies. That is all. " Dustin continued.

Val slammed him against the wall. The aggression he has been holding in the whole time finally being released.