Chapter 9: Questions

I decided I needed to write to get my mind off things :)

I lie in my cell. Just lie there.

I've given up on trying to escape. I'll just let them do what they want to me.

I honestly just want to die.

They've taken everything from me. My family, my boyfriend, my child.

They have drained the hope I had for this world out of me.

What more can they do?

I refuse to eat anything. I refuse the pills. I refuse their help.

Every time they bring something to me, I don't throw a fit, but I just simply push it away.

Then they tell me,"Have a better day."

I just reply with my favorite finger.

Days pass, and of coarse I start eating a little more. But I don't take the pills, which I can tell is making the workers angry.

The next thing they are most likely gonna do is force feed me.

But whatever. Bring it on.

I've gotten to the point where I don't care what they do to me. I don't fight anymore. They can do anything.

They haven't tried to hurt me, but help me heal. I'm sure once I am healed the torture will begin.

Or is me being isolated in this cell their form of torture?

They could do better.

I am trapped in my own thoughts again.

I wonder how the others reacted when I went missing. I wonder if they are looking.

I'm sure Val is going crazy not knowing where I am. Demanding everyone to look until I am found.

Dr. D most likely put on a search party. Searching all the zones, but not Battery City. Typical killjoys.

Then it dawned on me..... Missile Kid.

What is she going to do when I don't meet up with her? How is she going to react?

I'm her family... The last one... Should I stay alive for her?

I'm so selfish....I didn't even think about here, and here I am giving up on life because I thought I had no one left, but maybe she needs me as much as I might need her.

No. She will be fine without me. She's been on her own for a while anyways...

I hear the cell door creak open and I snap my head towards it to see who was there. 

A worker with one of those creepy happy face gaurd mask approaches me.

Pretty sure this is the same one who changes out my bandages.

I slightly scoot back as he comes closer to me.

"Toxic. " it says.

It's the same voice i heard when I first arrived here. When they put me to sleep.

I gasp, "who are you?"

He looks back and quickly shuts the door, then removes his mask.

He looks at me, and smiles that sad smile. It looked almost identical to the smile he gave me right before they shot him down.

"Ghoul..." I whisper. Tears fill my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away.

"Long time no see, my friend." He says.