Chapter 28

Authors Note; I am so sorry about not updating in a while. I completely forgot about wattpad and I am so sorry. I will try and update more but I'm not promising anything. Also, if I see one more comment about how I need to update or I'm gonna lose readers, then I think that you were true fans of my book to begin with so just stop reading now if you're gonna be one of those people. Anyway, I'm sorry!!

Chapter 28;

*Cadences POV*

I slowly trudged down the stairs on the main stair case and glanced towards the living to face everyone when I got to the bottom of the stairs. Four sets of eyes were upon me and I had shivers go down my spine. I hated when people stared at me.

Labiba rolled her eyes and huffed as she took her eyes off me to look at Layne. Layne glanced down at his arm with disappointment in his eyes. Juliet and Adrian gave me a sad expression, then looked at the ground.

What was up with everyone today?

I walked over to where Layne was sitting and put my hand on his shoulder. He didn't even look at me. The room seemed empty even though there were 5 people in it... I glanced down at Layne and shook his shoulder.

"What happened..." I asked. "Why isn't anyone talking to me?"

Nobody said a word.

I shook Layne some more. "Layne!"

His head whipped towards my direction and his eyes were slits and it looked like he was about to cry. "Don't you know anything?!" he yelled.

"What do you mean?"

Layne hissed. "You really are just some stupid human..." he was out of my grip in seconds and I could no longer see him.

I examined everyone in the room. Labiba just got up and left the room, rolling her eyes at me. Adrian went after her and it was just me and Juliet left.

"What happened, Juliet?"

She fiddled with her hands and started slowly, "Layne killed..." she couldn't get the last words out.

Names started running through my head, but none of them matched up with what Layne said last night. Only one.

Clark.

"Juliet... Please tell me you're lying.."

"I wish I could... Clark is dead, Cadence,"

Tears started welling up in my eyes. Why would Layne do that? Just for the protection of the house?! Why would he end a innocent life over that?! I was mad at Layne but I didn't understand why he was mad at me.

Juliet looked up at me with curiosity in her eyes. "Cadence?"

"Yeah?"

"Don't do anything stupid. Layne is pissed off like you wouldn't believe,"

"Why?"

She hesitated for a couple minutes and eventually, just shook it off. She soon disappeared and was no where to be found. I was alone with my thoughts and the guilty conscious that I have.

Clark was dead now. I couldn't get that through my head. Clark had help us... But Layne was on the side of that stupid witch. I knew vampires hated werewolves but not to the point where they would sacrifice one for the protection of their home.

This really made me mad. Clark was my friend, although I barely knew him, I didn't think it mattered. I felt horrible. I didn't know what to do about anything or anybody.

Authors Note; sorry it's not long but it's just something I whipped up in five minutes just to update. Hope you like it and I will post a long chapter in a while.