Tantalising. [19]

I had convinced Yuu to not uphold his promise to not physically interact with me within an hour. He made a new one in its spot. To help me figure out what was within my mind that harmed me so. He still seemed unconvinced that the source of the pain was me and not him.

"Right now?" He asked, looking at me as if I were mad from across the wooden dining table.
"And there I was, up against these three buff guys covered in tats," Tetsuya was saying to the others, hand gestures as animated as he was. Even the shine on the rim of his glasses seemed to showcase his vibrant mood. Chi gasped at whatever he said as I stood from the table, Yu mirroring my actions. Min and Tetsuya wiggled their brows at us. One serious, the other teasing. I ignored them both, instead studying the other faces that had turned to us. Some greeted me and my friend by name, others merely staring.
In curiosity.

The thing about myself- about my memory, is that I have secrets. These secrets are something that I hide from myself. I do not know where they are. As much as I want to know what they are, I believe, for the most part, that it is for the best. That I wouldn't like the truth.

But I wanted to know. It killed me to not know what I had done before I washed up from the ocean. Who I had known.

Many things about myself.

Of what I was- the one thing I was convinced I was not. I wanted to know more about the Anemoi. So I could understand what I was and what I could do. If I was lethal or not.

Why my wings became a part of Yuu whenever we were touching.

So, that's how I ended up in the empty music room, hesitant hand lifting to Yuu's. Our palms pressed together, a faint shock coursing through my limbs. It was my body's warning sign of what was to come. My brain ached as I remained locked with him.

It was a long stretch, but I knew that there was something in that scene that played by so quickly I couldn't see. A memory of mine. A white room. If I could just get the memory to stretch long enough, bear the pain in enough time to see-

The searing pain entered as my determination to see the scene rose. Yuu was the first to notice, his hand shooting away from mine. A ringing in my ears remained, temples throbbing in poor sync with my quick breaths.
"Did you see it?" He asked quietly. So quiet I almost didn't hear him.
"No. nothing. Just that flash. like a camera." I groaned, laying on my back.
"Maybe you don't... want yourself to remember?" He proposed slowly. I opened my right eye to look at him.
"Probably. But I have to know. I know that I would know how we had become connected like that. Why your touch inflicted pain on me when it didn't before."

He paused. And pondered. Then he spoke. Hesitantly.
"You seemed to be in pain when we first
Met. When I was carrying you, actually. You kept mumbling about something and turning your head."
Strange, I couldn't recall dreaming the second time I had fallen unconscious.
"What was I saying?"
"I don't know." He was lying, obviously. He had heard something but wasn't sure on what it meant, so he couldn't tell me.

I had sighed, sitting up with ease. I took his hand in mind, a minor experiment. With my hand clamped around his, there was only a white noise in the back of my mind. When I intertwined our fingers, the pain returned. Yuu's eyes were wide as he watched on with curiosity, eyes almost never leaving my bracelet. He was transfixed with something within the ruby gem. Awe was plastered on his face, a rare sight to see such innocence.
"It only hurts me if we get intimate." He snorted at my words, still awestruck by whatever he was witnessing.
"Once again, phrasing is important, Mika." He commented, not as phased by my strange way of speaking as he was the first time those words spewed from my mouth. He'd grown used to it. Tetsuya always seemed to get a kick out of it, only laughing harder when I looked at him in confusion. Min would sigh and say 'ignorance is bliss' after that. It was actually really stressful, not knowing why what I was saying was wrong. Of course I figured it out a couple hours later when I would be working, my body freezing in shock. Rinse and repeat.