New Beginnings

• Chapter Two •

I got rid of all the shit that reminded me of Jakari and I deleted everyone from the past from my phone. Fuck them all. Dom is the only person I care about right now. We both on our shit so why trip over anyone else that doesn't even have a steady job.

Today is her birthday, so after work, I was going to her house where she was throwing her own party. She said she always throws her own parties so I didn't try to persuade different. I was dressed and full from breakfast so I left and drove to work.

I had turned this million dollar division of the company to a billion dollar company in less than a year. I was so proud of myself. I fired my old assistant and hired one who didn't like me. I went to my office and got to work. Answering emails, sending them, making sure distribution was going good. I handled online orders and customers with problems.

* * * *

I left work and went home to change. Dom throws huge parties but they weren't formal so I changed into my Balmain biker jeans, a Burberry button up, and all red Balenciaga shoes. I straightened my hair and put on my jewelry.

I went outside to my new all gold Range Rover car and hopped inside. I drove to Dom's house and parked in front. This nigga had valet. I handed my keys to the guy and went inside. I found Dom in the backyard talking to the DJ. The party didn't start for another hour.

"Happy Birthday Niggaaa!!" I yelled dancing my way to her. She started dancing too and handed me a drink.

"This shit is about to be dope as hell. I got so many people coming. My friend Jay here. Y'all would be cute together." She said.

"Ion know about that. I'm chilling right now bro. But why yo pool and shit dark bruh turn the lights on." I said confused.

"The lights won't fucking turn on man I'm pissed." She said rolling her eyes.

"Where yo tools at?" I asked.

"In my basement in the back back closet." I went inside her damn mansion and went to the basement. I found the closet and opened it. A bunch of shit fell out on top of me, knocking me over.

"God damn it Dom!" I yelled in frustration.

"Damn, are you good?" I heard from behind me. I dug myself out of all the stuff and jumped up.

"Yeah I'm good." I said. I looked up and recognized the girl as Jay. Dom's friend.

^ Jay ^

^ Jay ^

"Ayee you're Dom's best friend right? The one she always calling honey bun?" She asked laughing. I smiled and nodded, putting the stuff back into the closet.

"She never told me your real name. I'm Jay." She said while helping me.

"I know. I'm Ariana." I said. We finished and I grabbed the tool box.

"You engaged ain't you?" She asked and I started to laugh.

"No. Nah. Not anymore." I said shaking my head. "Dom always does leave out details."

"That's true. I'll catch you at the party. Gotta finish getting ready." She said. I saluted her and went back upstairs and outside to fix the lights. I found the power box out back and put the flashlight to my phone on so I could see.

People started to arrive while I was finishing up. I flicked the switch and the backyard lit up completely. All the tiki lights came on, the patio lights, pool and hot tub lights. I put all the tools away and Dom ran up to me.

"You're a lifesaver honey bun." She said hugging me. I laughed at how happy she was.

"Yeah I know." She went to greet her guests and I took the tools back inside.

* * * *

Dom and I were up on the balcony dancing and drinking when Jay joined us. We were on our exclusive shit. Hours passed and the party ended. We all laid around Dom's room, slumped and drunk.

"Thanks bitches. This was the best birthday by far." Dom said.

"Yo old ass." Jay said laughing.

"20 ain't old hoe. Honey bun tell her. I'm just becoming more and more daddyish." She said smirking.

"Oh please. Grand daddyish." Jay said causing all of us to laugh.

"Y'all fried. I gotta get home." I said getting up.

"Nigga you're drunk." Dom stated. "You can just sleep here and leave in the morning."

"I have a meeting tomorrow! Oh fuck. I completely forgot. Nah I gotta go home." I got up and ran downstairs, almost falling down the marble flight of stairs. I would have died if I was a bit drunker.

I got my phone out and texted Capri, asking her to come get me. She said she was on her way so I waited outside. She pulled up and I got inside her car.

"Too drunk to drive?" She asked with a chuckle following.

"Maybe. Too sober to shut up?" I asked. She looked at me and started laughing.

"That don't even make sense dummy. You don't like me no more Ari?" She asked.

"No I don't. We're not cool." I stated.

"You sure know how to hold grudges. Damn. First off, I never even went through with the bet-"

"Because I didn't let you!" I said.

"No no no. I backed off because I knew I could have pushed my way to you. I'm much better than Jakari first of all. Jakari was the one who started the fucking bet. Trust me, I'm the good guy in this situation. I quit doing gang shit for you and you just still stayed with Jakari. You would not have been dealing with no bullshit like this if you chose me. But hey, I can't change that now." She explained shaking her head. I glared at her because I could tell she was telling the truth and my drunk ass would barely remember this encounter in the morning.

"I guess I should have known you were serious when you quit gang banging for me. It never sunk in but now that I'm not so blinded by Jakari, I know that you're not lying right now." I said rubbing my forehead.

"Don't stress it Ari. We'll talk another time when you aren't drunk. Cool?" She asked.

"Cool." I replied.

She pulled up at my house and dropped me off, leaving after I got inside the house. I went straight to my room, took a hot shower, and went to sleep.