Competition Pt.1

~ Chapter Twenty Eight ~

I woke up right in time for breakfast. I didn't bother doing anything to myself I just got outta bed, used the bathroom and went down to eat. Everyone was quiet for breakfast after last night.

"Awkward.." Jade said once everyone had already finished eating.

"Aye I'm keeping my mouth shut. I'm not about to get surprise eliminated for trying to defend myself. Even just an argument." Suriya stated.

"I don't have shit to say." Capri said. Adonis shrugged her shoulders and Asani took a sip of her juice.

The server brought a note to me and left without a word. I opened it and got kind of excited.

"What does it say?" Adonis asked impatiently.

"Week 4 is nearing and at the beginning on Monday afternoon, the Love Olympics will begin. There will be 2 teams. Both teams will compete for 3 weeks and a competitor from the losing team will be eliminated each week. Team 1 is Suriya, Jade, and Asani. Team 2 is Capri, Jakari, and Adonis. Winning teams will also choose a teammate to spend the night with Ariana every week."

"Hmm. Interesting." Jakari said.

"I think we should have been able to pick our teams but whatever." Asani said.

"I just wanna know what type of shit they gon have us doing." Suriya said.

"We'll see on Monday. I'm going to get in the hot tub if anyone wants to join." I stood up from the table and went to my room. I changed into my swim trunks and sports bra and grabbed a blunt that I was too high to smoke last night. I put my slides on and went out to the pool. The hot tub was so inviting from where I stood.

I got right in and relaxed in one of the little seats. I lit my blunt and put my head back, enjoying the sound of the water bubbling. About 5 minutes later, I was joined by Capri.

"Thought you were mad at me?" I asked.

"I get it. You're addicted to sex and I was only kissing you and shit." She said.

"Nah Pri it's not like that. I'm just keeping myself open and what happened with Lola wasn't on purpose. Sometimes I just need to take my frustrations out and she was there and I was high as hell. I am sorry if that hurt you." I said.

"It did. I mean.. I like you a lot. Of course anyone would get butt hurt hearing their 'crush' fucking someone else." She said, shrugging.

I sat next to her and put my arm around her. She unexpectedly started crying.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"If none of that shit happened with my family we'd probably be fucking engaged by now. I was always happy when I got to chill with you. Even if it was just a car ride. I think about that date all the time and how things would be if I had a normal life and wasn't dealing with the shit I was. I quit for you. I'd like to think it was because I wanted to better myself but it was for you." She explained.

"Are you blaming this on me?" I asked.

"No! I'm just trying to tell you.. I love you. You're always on my mind. Everything that happened was my dad's fault. Definitely not yours." She wiped her tears and looked down at the water.