Flames

Chapter Six

I drove to my corporate building, rubbing my eyes and yawning. It was 6am but I had a meeting set up at 7:30 with all my important employees. I was parking in my spot when my business phone started ringing.

"Ariana speaking." I answered tiredly, grabbing my coffee and bag from beside me.

"Ari I miss you so much." Jakari said into the phone. I hung up, put my phone on silent and went inside my building. I took the elevator to the top floor and went to my office. No one else was here except a few janitors.

I took care of wrong orders and complications with customers for a few hours, sending emails and making phone calls. After I got that all sorted out, I realized all of my employees were here. I forgot all about the meeting. I went to the conference room and set up my powerpoint.

My employees came in and I started the meeting a few minutes after everyone got here.

* * * *

"Are you busy today?" Dom asked.

"Well I have an hour left here. Why?" I asked, referring to my office building.

"It's been a week since I've seen you. I miss my girlfriend. Bring your fine ass home. Now." She said in this voice that got me WET.

"I'm on my way." I hung up and got up, packing my stuff up quickly. I locked up my office and practically ran to the elevator. I got out to my car and drove to my house where Dom was waiting. I went inside the house and seen her sitting on the couch looking at her phone.

She looked at me and her eyes lingered for a second before she got up and met me at the door. She shut it and her arm went around my waist.

"This suit.. God damn. The first time I seen you in a suit I never would have thought I would be able to get you out of one, with my teeth." She ran her hand up my back and leaned in to kiss me. She got my suit jacket off of me and it fell to the floor. I bit her bottom lip and she groaned, pulling away.

"You boutta get fucked up." She said, starting to unbutton my shirt and the fiery look in her eyes told me she was not playing. My legs could have gave out right there. Then the doorbell rang. Despite being right in front of the door, neither of us looked outside and she started to kiss my neck.

The doorbell rang a few more times and then there was banging on the door. Dom stepped away from me looking pissed. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

^ Jakari ^

^ Jakari ^

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked. She looked from me to Dom and laughed.

"You know why I'm here Ari. To take back what's rightfully mine." She said, stepping inside. Dom's hand was itching and I knew what it was for. I didn't want things to get that out of hand though.

"I'm not yours-"

"I figured you would say that. I cheated. So what?! I loved and cared for you and I was prepared to give you the world. I still love you more than any other girl I've been with. I know you miss the nights we shared. Go ahead and lie and say you don't miss me." She said, raising her head cockily.

"Look, I stopped loving you after you broke me. What was it twice? Two whole times. I'll be damned if I let you do that again. Get the fuck up off my property." I crossed my arms and she stood eye to eye with me. I gotta admit she looked fine as hell but I hated her with all my heart. I wanted to make her cry.

"I'm done with Vee. All the other girls. I blocked them from my phone. I live here now so we can be together every day. Baby can't you see?! It's always been you! And I'll be damned if I let someone else keep us apart." She glared at Dom then back at me.

"There is no us! You're really that stupid huh?! Get it through your head, we have been done. We will always be done. You're not shit to me ight?" It looked like she was sad but then she tried to grab my waist. I pushed her with all my strength and she fell outside on the driveway.

I stepped outside and we got into a full out fist fight. I wasn't focused on what Dom was doing, only on beating Jakari's ass. After I got some good hits in, she got on top of me and held one arm down while I did my best with the other one. Her other hand pulled something out of her pants and I heard a blood curdling shot, right in my ears.

I stopped moving and pushed her off of me. Dom was laying in the driveway, bleeding out from her stomach and her own gun was in her hand. I jumped up and ran over to her, dialing 911 before I even hit the ground. Jakari spit blood onto the ground before she got into her rental and drove off.

I was speechless when the police station answered but I got my point across and the ambulance was here not too long after. They took Dom and I got in the back with her. I was so scared. If Dom doesn't make it, Jakari won't either. I put that on my own life. She will not live to see the sun.

The ambulance sped to the hospital and I just watched them try to keep Dom breathing, I was stuck. I had left my front door open and everything. I didn't care.

* * * *

"It's too early to tell." I had asked if she was gonna be okay and blanked out after he responded with It's too early to tell. It's been 3 hours and they can't tell if she'll live. My phone rang and I didn't answer. Then I got a text.

#: I'll see you in the morning wifey. Breakfast will be ready and we can start over. I'll make the bacon and waffles for you and you'll be my breakfast. Sound good? Good. Unless you make it home sooner, then I can eat early. Love you 😘

I locked my phone and laughed. She's at my house now? After shooting Dom? All I have to do is tell the cops and she'll be locked up-

"Ms.Johnson.. You can see her now." The doctor said.

To Be Continued