Curtains Closed

~ Chapter Thirty ~

It was finally time for the next round of the competition. Adonis was on probation from competing this week so she had to sit out and watch which was great. I needed her team to lose so I could eliminate her.

The first part of the competition was a pie eating contest. Only one person from each team had to compete and they both had to finish the pie in under 4 minutes. Asani surprisingly won this challenge against Jakari. Asani can throw down. At least she can do something because she sucked last week.

The second part was a riddle and once they got the answer they had to do a set of exercises. I thought this would be where Asani failed but she was only slow with the push ups. Luckily Capri and Jakari couldn't get the riddle before they finished the exercises.

After that they had to answer some questions about me and Suriya happened to get them all right. I would finally be able to get rid of Adonis even though this time I'll have to wait until Sunday.

*****

I was in my room getting ready to shower after our long day in the sun and someone knocked on the door.

I pulled my joggers back up and went to the door. It was Adonis. At this point I was just convinced something was wrong with her mentally.

"You here to fight or to fight?" I asked.

"Ari what did I honestly do to fuck up in the beginning? I cheated but strong couples get through that type of shit."

"Nahh you was definitely tryna set me up or some shit. I don't need you near me. You prolly still text TK's sister everyday. I'll rather see you jump off a plane into a shark infested ocean than ever fuck with you again." I shut and locked the door and went to get in the shower before anyone else came to stop me.

It was close to dinner time so I hurried up and made sure not to get my hair wet. I threw on a random outfit and made myself presentable enough before going down to join the others.

Dinner smelled so good I started eating as soon as I sat down. Suriya and Capri kept staring each other down but I was too hungry to ask questions.

No one was talking for some reason tonight. I finished my plate and got up to go watch tv. All I heard was arguing from the dining room and turned the tv up louder. I was so fed up.

I walked back into the room where all 4 of them were yelling at each other. For no reason. I walked outside and called my manager.

"Ariana?" He answered. I never call.

"Let the producers and yourself know that I'm done. Fuck the show. Fuck the channel. Fuck y'all for saying it's the only way my shit would work. I'm taking back over my life fuck this shit." I hung up and went back in to pack my shit.

I had enough money to fucking retire and still had stores making revenue every day. I don't need the drama or no damn channel on TV.

****

I got home and wanted to cry. I missed my own shit so much. A mansion ain't shit when it's full of 11 females and a camera crew plus security and occasional paparazzi outside. Not worth it at all.

I got to my room and laid in my bed. It had to be near midnight now. My phone was blowing up ever since I left so I finally just threw the shit out of my open window into the driveway.

I really wanted it to work with Capri but they were all more concerned about beating each other than me. It wouldn't be no real love anyways.

I don't need to connect with anyone from my past ever again or it'll be the death of me. I turned my light out and let myself fall asleep in the comfort of my own bed.