War Is Love

You'd rather leave me broken
Than whole an empty heart,
We were better left unspoken
Than a million miles apart
It's torture here in this space between,
As you are loving and leaving me.

Lauren POV

4 years ago

"I told you, Camila. I can't. This,"I said as I turn around from my luggage and look at her in the eye gesturing between she and I "will never work out"I spat harsher then I intended. "Why? Tell me one good reason, Lauren. We used to love each other"Camila ask me with pain attaches on her voice. I have to close my eyes to suppress my tears. "I'm sorry but I can't do this anymore"I told her one more time as I kissed her cheek for the very last time. 

I twist open the front door of our apartment and look back. Big mistake. Camila seated on the middle of the floor while covering her eyes with her hands. Her body trembling so violently from the tears and all the pain she felt. I gulp down all the guilt as I close the door. I swear I can hear Camila heart breaking as I walk further from her apartment. As I walk out from the apartment complex, a black luxury sedan stop in front of me and the door pop open. 

I sighed and slide down then close the door. "Did you already broke up with her?" A gruff deep voice ask me. I nodded my head as I blink my eyes rapidly so my tears won't fall. "Wipe that pathetic tears away"He said with a harsh tone when he see my tears. I flinch and wipe the tears. I clench my jaws to stop the tears that about to fall out but the pang in my heart only throbs harder and I become hard to breath. "Stop the car"I told the driver and tries to keep everything inside.

"Keep it going. She'll make a run and go back to that scum if you let her go"The gruff man speak up. "I'm sure you don't want any of my vomit paint your luxury car, now father?"I question him sarcastically. My dad open the door but still keep his hand on my wrist. Once the door open, I emptied whatever left in my stomach. "Take me home and fly me out to god knows where you need me"I said as I finished emptied my stomach and wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. 

"Your passport and everything are all set. Tyson will drop you off at the airport"My dad told me and we stop at one of his company. Since my family got into car accident some years ago, my dad change. The only one that alive from that car accident are he and I.  After the accident my father only care about the company. He and I used to have a good relationship but now I hate him with every fiber of my body.

I told Tyson to bring me to our Miami house. Once I arrive at the house, I hurriedly go to my room and I take the bag that already set and I feel vibration in my pocket. I fished out my phone and it read Camila. You see back then my dad told me I should move to England and marries one of his client daughter for the sake merging two big company. He never approve of our relationship. He said because a Jauregui shouldn't be with someone that not as wealthy as we are. I fell asleep as soon I sit down on the leather chair of my dad private jet.

Present Day

After so many heated arguments with my dad, one afternoon I got called from back home. It feel like something has thunderstruck me. One of our butler told me that my dad has passed away. I called one of my dad private jet pilot and right away I flew out. True that I never see eye to eye with him but he still my dad. The marriage we talk about, it didn't happen. I ask our family doctor that handle my dad case, he said my dad died because kidney failure and other complications. 

I had a simple ceremony to buried him. The girls come along except Camila. I stayed in touch with the other but Camila change her number right away when I left her 4 years ago. Neither did the girls knew where her abouts. They hug me and left the cemetery.  I pat my dad headstone and gone home. When I arrrive at my home, I felt so cold and alone. This house used to reminded me of how much it used to be warmer and full of love when my mom and siblings still around.