Chapter 26

*Chris’s POV*

‘I cannot believe this is happening; first the shit with Lissy and now this.’ I hear Mikey say.

‘What are you talking about? What’s wrong with Elizabeth?’ I ask looking around at everyone all I see is pity and sorrow in each of their gazes.

‘Ok, everyone needs to call down so I can explain everything.’ The doctor says quickly taking control of everyone’s panic.

‘I’m sorry I just can’t believe this is happening.’ Mikey states again and I can hear the anguish in his voice.

‘It’s perfectly understandable in this situation however I do need to explain everything. Sometimes when someone has had to deal with something um soul shattering, I guess you could call it, something that your brain knows you can’t deal with. Your brain tries to protect itself by locking it away. It’s sort of like it’s protecting itself. Right now Chris’s brain knows that it cannot deal with what’s happening with Elizabeth so it has the information under lock and key. I would guess that it begun on the first day of school since that’s where the memory stops. It will come back and there are a few things that we can do to try and help it. I’m going to need everyone that knows a lot of information over what has occurred over the last few months to explain it to Chris. It’s going to be difficult and extremely painful for everyone but it has to be done if any of you want him to remember.’ The doctor says apologetic but serious.

‘I don’t understand what everyone is going on about. I understand that apparently I have lost my memory on some things but I don’t understand what the hell is going on nor do I understand what the hell this has to do with Elizabeth.’ I say getting angry.

‘I’ll leave while you all begin but I will say this. You need to be patient and you all need to ease him into this. Too much could make it worse and trust me that would be even less fun than what you already have to deal with.’ The doctor says before turning and leaving the room.

I sit there for a little while glaring at everyone before they excuse themselves saying they need to discuss something and they all freaking leave. What the hell is going on? I’m completely confused. What does Elizabeth have anything to do with what’s going on with me? We haven’t spoken in years so how could she be connected to what’s going on right now? I’m snapped out of my thoughts when Mikey walks in and I can see the worry on his face.

‘I’m guessing you got picked to tell me what’s been happening over the last couple months?’ I huff.

‘Well I volunteered since I knew more about Lissy’s um situation but Big Vince and Erik are about to come in here and fill in the blanks for things that happened at school. I’m going to have to wait on them but as soon as they come in we will begin telling you about the last few months.’

‘Why can’t you just start with telling me what the hell is going on with Elizabeth and why she has to do with me being in the hospital and suppressing memories?’

‘Is it weird for anyone else to hear him call her that?’ Erik asks as soon as he enters the room causing both Mikey and Big Vince to nod their heads.

‘Ok well I guess we just start with the first day and take it slow from there.’ Big Vince says glancing at the other two guys.

‘Yeah ok, well on the first day of school you were excited about everything especially football season coming back around. First period you ran into Liz…’ Erik continues on with the story and Big Vince only fills in every once in a while. When he’s finished I’m in awe from what their saying but Mikey’s face makes me hesitant to know what he is going to say.

‘That night you ended up going out drinking because apparently what happened with Lissy at school brought up memories from the past. I brought you and Matt to Lissy’s house to sober you both up but the commotion woke her up. When she came downstairs she overheard you talking about how she drives you crazy and….’