Epilouge

He is awake.

Disoriented he rose from his bed. He tries to remember a dream that he had. But no matter his efforts he can't retrieve that memory. He is feeling forlorn. He is longing for something he can't name.

He's feeling like this since last week. Waking up from a dream, wishing he could remember, but all of it ending

He can't remember.

-----

A letter came for him the same day.

He didn't read it. He has things to do.

-----

He's awake.

It happened again. That dream he's been having for a few weeks now. He doesn't know why.

He could not go back to sleep.

He remembered the letter for him.

He opened it and started to read.

Victor,

If you're reading this, it means you've succeeded. You have found your drifter and saved her.

Congratulations.

You're reading this letter because you can't remember anything. Your memories of the search are all erased, you saved her, but from now on you don't need to be by her side.

It has to be this way.

If by some slim chance that you remember her name, don't speak it. Do not say of it out loud, or you will be stricken with deep longing and you would feel forlorn, bereft with all feeling. Do not say her name or you would be devoid of purpose. Do not speak her name.

Forgive me, I didn't tell you at first. It is our duty as Inhabiters to save them and be away from them for our own good and theirs.

[

Sarah

Tears are falling down his face. He remembered. Her name. Her name used to send shivers down his spine,

He misses her.

"Elizabeth" He said out loud.

His words echoed around his room. His knees gave way, his whole body began to shake. He's wracked with uncontrollable sadness and grief.

He can't breathe.

Then the pain went away.

"I will find you again, wherever you are in this world. I will find you again and again and again. No matter how many times I have to, I will." He vowed to the still night, He promised to the numberless starts and the full moon.

"I love you, I will find you again. Whatever it takes. Wait for me...:

"Elizabeth"

-----

She heard her name being called. She looked back, nobody's around. Maybe she was mistaken.

She walked forward, excited for her day to come.

She heard it again, her name being called. Her name said in a way a lover will, with reverence and full and full of love.

She remembered a name out of nowhere.

"Victor" she said out loud.