thirty-eight

dan's pov
as im making my way back to class i hear someone coughing, i dont think anything of it until i get closer and realize that for some reason it sounds vaguely familiar. i walk through a corridor trying to figure out where the coughing is coming from.
"...dan?" i drop my books and rush over.
"oh my god! phil! what the hell happened?" he has a black eye, bloody nose and bruises everywhere.
"phil?" my voice softer
"a few guys... they..uh..found out im gay..." a few tears slip down his face. i wipe them away.
"they...were my....friends, dan."
i sigh "right, um, can you walk?"
"i dont think so, i think they broke something."
i pick him up. its not easy to pick up a guy who is basically the same size as you, especially if you're an extremely lazy piece of shit like myself. "okay, lets get you to the nurse."
"dan, you dont have to carry me!" he giggles "i can just lean on you."
i blush, then put him down "ya, this is much easier. you are heavier then you look." i smile
"shut up!" he laughs
we eventually make it to the small, cramped nurses office. the old nurse, ms. kelly glances up from her desk when she notices us. "oh my word! what happened to him?" she asks me.
"he, uh-"
"i fell." he says quickly, she obviously doesn't believe him but doesn't question us any further
"you need to go to a hospital, i cant do anything for you here." she walks over to a phone and dials a number
"why'd you do that?" i ask him quietly
he shrugs
"phil, i know they were your friends, but they aren't anymore. friends would never do that."
he nods, as if to say he understands
"lets sit down." he says, changing the subject. we walk towards the small uncomfortable plastic chairs and wait for the nurse to get off the phone.

a/n: hAMILTON IS SO GOOD OHM Y GOD and thanks for 4k reads!! and 400 votes oh my god thats a lot of people... like...holy shit wow thanks.