Big Step, One Dream

Peaceful breeze meant peaceful air for once. A valley of never ending green grass stretched out before me. Everything about this place looked familiar as in the distance I spotted a tiny house.

It wasn't a far walk, but it ended feeling forever with the wave of grasses stretching onwards. Up close the house was small, but big enough for three people. Stepping inside the floor made a creak as I looked inside.

I could sense I was born in this place. Growing up before I was taken away by Akumu for my safety. The walls were worn out by the time in years as it was a musty brown, with some yellow at the top of the corners.

Walking inside the hallway there were two rooms. I stepped into the one on my left to find it was my parent's room. They didn't have much which was confusing, but I realized having less didn't mean anything. A medium sized floor bed along with a stand with all there belongs.

I opened up the small box to find jewelry inside. One thing in there did catch my eye. It was a small, but around ruby jewel inside the ring. The ring itself was white with black cracks to add the effect.

After looking through all their things I stepped into the room next to me to find a small child's room. Toys littered the floor as papers of drawings hung on the walls. A small smile spread across my face as I remembered this place. On my old rickety bed with Mr. Stuffy, my old childhood panda, sat on the pillow.

I lean down and sat on the small bed, surprised the thing wasn't breaking. Mr. Stuffy looked at me with his pit less eyes as I smiled and hugged him close to my chest.

"Don't you two look cute together? Ahh... sweet old memories..."

It was a woman's voice as I turned my head sharply to see a woman with a man. They didn't like quiet that old either as the man held his wife dearly close to him. Her hair was the same color as mind as I got some of my face from her. At the husband I could see my eye color in them, along with a hint of silver around the pulpit.

"Mom... dad...?"

The man smiled and reached out for my hand. "Yes (y/n), mom and dad."

Shock burst through me like a wave as I stared at their faces. They weren't blurry anymore as I could truly see the faces of my parents. I stopped for a few seconds before running into my father's arms.

He was warm and smelled of wood as I sobbed happily into his chest. I felt my mother stroke my hair as I could tell she was crying to, but with joy at seeing her own daughter grown up. My father pulled me back to get a good look at me.

"You've grown so much... I kind of miss five year old you. But I will love you the way you are."

A chuckle escaped my mouth as I wiped away my tears. "Thanks, dad."

"Oh honey don't mind your father," My mother fixed my bangs, "He's just messing with you. I'm so glad you grew up to be so beautiful.... there is someone else you might want to see. He was sacred when he came he, but now that your here I bet he'll be thrilled."

"Who is it?"

"Who do you think?"

I was still confused and went outside the house, but my heart did a flip when I saw the reddest of ruby eyes of all. His black hair picked up from the wind as I ran up and hugged the little guy to my chest. He laughed and hugged his tiny arms around my neck.

"(y/n)! I missed you!"

Warm tears dripped down my face but I didn't care this time as I hugged him close to my heart. "Oh Hitomu! I am so, so sorry about you dying! I should have listened to you when you yelled at me to stop! I am, so, so sorry... please forgive me..."