Honeymoon

Late at night I felt Ichigo grab me and lift me into his arms but I was too drunk last night to remember when it happened. When I came to the smell of fresh air came into my lungs.

I hummed in bliss and opened my eyes, but soon furrow them in confusion. With a closer look of the room... this wasn't our house. This place had an old era around it but still high classy for rich people.

The running of water came from all directions as I stood up and opened up the nearest screen door. Nothing from that moment could ever top the picture I was seeing. Where ever I was, was in the mountains that split the four seasons in half. Cherry blossoms where on are side so we must have been on the spring side.

"Oh you're awake." A voice spoke from nowhere.

I screamed and turned around to only find Ichigo standing with a tray of breakfast in hand. His hair was still slightly messy, but spiky at the same time as he was dressed in a simple but fancy white kimono.

"Where are we?" I asked, staring out at the majestic view before us.

Ichigo smiled and wrapped his arms behind me and rested his chin on top of my head. "This is our honeymoon. Shunsui lived here in this place before so this is his house. It's a sacred place but one that Shunsui allowed us to stay at."

"Wow..." every season was magical in their own way. If we had a month of honeymoon time then I was sure glad to spend it all searching and exploring the forest. "Shunsui really knows his places."

"Yeah," Ichigo scoffed, "at first I thought he was lying about this place until he showed me. He told me to tell you to keep this place a secret. Only some chosen few are too know about this place, alright? So no telling people we were here."

"Then what do we tell them were we went for our honeymoon?"

He put his thinking face on. "Let's say it was the beach."

"Sounds great! Where do you want to explore first?"

"How about the first seasons were in?"

"Sounds great."

I opened up the front door and went to go outside but Ichigo suddenly grabbed my hand. I looked back to see he twined our finger together.

"We're married now. So... I figure we would do what married couples do."

That look on his face was just perfect. He was the most relaxed I've ever seen him be. Maybe we were meant for each other, just like he was the moon and I was the sun in his world.

"Sure!" I replied, leaning against him as we set out to walk around the mysterious forest. "What is it that married couples do... my adoptive parents didn't do much together."

"Well when I was little before my mother died her and dad use to picnic with each other. Sometimes they would bring us along." His eyes seemed lost in the sweet old good memories. "Those were the great memories of my childhood."

I patted him on the back. I knew the story of his mother dying and felt bad for him. At least I didn't see my mother's dead corpse. "Don't worry Ichigo, I won't ever leave you."

He shook his head and brought out his best smile. "Let's get off this topic. Shunsui said there were some delicious berries in the forest."

With a straight forward nod I let him lead us into the deeper part of the forest. Looking around the place I was amazed at how something like this could be here. Even if it was a sacred place that captain's only knew about... this place was magical and breathtakingly alive.

Ichigo was tall enough to reach the berries as I watched and waited for him to gather all we needed. Our picnic was simple, but other than that it was peaceful.