A new beginning

"I promise you moose fighting is a thing! Stop trampling on my dreams!"

"What kind of drugs do you do?!?!"

"ALL OF THEM!"

A blonde and bluenette busted out into laughter.

"Fuck Lazuli! I'm trying to write a report, shut the fuck up!" Peridot laughed. Lapis rolled her eyes, "It isn't due till another week." she closed the blondes laptop, earning a very annoyed look from said person before she pecked her on the nose.

"Don't you think you should go? You've been here since Friday."

"It's Sunday, I've only been here two days."

"Peridot you know what I mean. It's not that I mind you being here, far from it, in fact, but.."

Peridot let out a sigh, "I get what you're saying. Yeah. I'll leave."

Lapis blinked, "I'll drive you." She offered, smiling.

The blonde murmured something before she picked up her laptop which had an alien head on it looking sick on the slick black metal.

"Come on." She ran her fingers through her blonde locks and followed Lapis out after grabbing her hoodie.

She was wearing her freshly washed clothes, so the cold didn't bother her as they had just come out of the dryer.

Lapis unlocked her, you guessed it, blue Camaro and leaned into the car smiling slightly.

"How do you pay for this shit?" Peridot asked, raising a brow.

Lapis shot her glance, "Malachite makes a bunch of money. She doesn't help me often since she wants me to be independent, but she did buy me this." She smiled slightly and pulled out of her driveway, heading towards the edge of town in which Peridot lived.

She began to sing along with the song that was playing:

"I used to be love drunk
But now I'm hungover
I'll love you forever
Forever is over
We used to kiss all night
Now it's just a bar fight
So don't call me crying
Say hello to goodbye

'Cause just one sip would make me sick
I used to be love drunk
But now I'm hungover
I'll love you forever
But now it's over"

She tapped along with the beat making Peridot roll her eyes.

"You have the weirdest taste in music." The blonde said, smiling.

"You just wanna see me dance all sexual-like." Lapis grinned when the nerd choked on her spit and stuttered.

"No! That's not it!" She protested.

"Don't worry, you aren't the only one." she grinned over at Peridot, making the girl flush.

Over the course of two weeks Lapis had learned allot about her crush, and vise versa, like how her mother died in a car crash 2 years ago, the last thing Peridot received from her was the necklace she always wore. She learned that Peridot loved green, Doctor Who, Camp Pining Hearts, and Supernatural. It surprised the bluenette that the blonde watched shows about the paranormal since she seemed so logical about everything, too with the nerd replied, 'I mainly watch it because of Jasper. She's a freak for freaky shit.'

She also learned that Peridots favorite movie, surprisingly, was Inception. The nerd found the concept of controlling ones dreams was an interesting thing and even came up with her own totem, a small robonoid that she made that had one simple task. Companionship.