Worry (Pt3)

It was Halloween, Lapis had four days to resolve the problem between Peridot and Pearl before Edwards would resolve it himself.

Something he said regarding the blonde bothered Lapis, 'She has a habit of running away.'

This wasn't the first time she's done this. For all the swimmer knew this was the hundredth time she's done this, that seemed likely, considering all that's happened to the blonde throughout her life. 

Lapis turned and looked at the blonde, "Hey Peri. Let's go to the Big Doughnut." She smiled at the blonde. 

Throughout the few days, Garnet, Ruby, and Amethyst have asked repeatedly where Peridot was, because, as far as they knew, she was the last person Peridot had spoken to. Every time Lapis told them no, and every time she felt the guilt gnaw even harder at her stomach.

Peridot seemed okay now, she started eating and moving. The two seemed to fix whatever was lost between them, a few times they made out but they never went any further. 

Peridot glanced up from where she sat doing work before she stood. "Alright, I haven't had my fix in forever." She muttered, slipping on her hoodie.

Lapis chuckled and grabbed her keys, tossing them in the air before leading the techie outside. Peridot slipped into her car and the bluenette drove them to the Big Doughnut.

Once they were inside, Lars looked up, "Well, well, well, look who isn't dead." He smirked toothily, earning a nudge from Sadie, who Lapis had told the situation too, and he rolled his brown eyes. "The normal?"

Lapis nodded, "Peri?" She glanced at the blonde who was staring outside nervously. "Peridot." The girl looked up, "Yeah, yeah, coffee and a chocolate doughnut." She said dismissively before staring outside again.

Sadie clicked her tongue, "Yeesh, she is really hurt over all this." She murmured, passing the bag to Lapis, who nodded sadly. "She.. she's healing." She murmured, paying for the things before ushering the blonde away.

----

"Steven?" A certain ballet dancer looked around, before she caught sight of the aforementioned boy laying in Peridots bed, in a fetal ball. 

Nervously, the dancer moved into the room, memories rushing back to her of the call where Amethyst told her what had happened to Peridot and that the girl was homeless. She had agreed to let Peridot stay here and had even watched the girl unpack, secretly of course, before she left to join Rainbow Quartz's dance group. 

"Steven?" She said softly, approaching the boy.

Steven looked up, glaring at her, "It's all your fault Pearl! If you hadn't showed up Peridot wouldn't be so.. so.. SO SHATTERED!" He head his head in his hands, "AAAAGH!" He continued to weakly cry before he started again, allot softer, "You were the one who wanted me dead weren't you? Because I'm not good enough am I?!!?" 

Pearl flinched, "Who told you that?"

"Weren't you?!" Steven glared at her.

Pearl sighed, "I knew Rose would die Steven.. I-" She bit her lip, "I loved her." She smiled at the boy sadly, "I'm glad she didn't listen to me, because you.. you the best gift she ever gave. She loved you Steven."

Steven stared at her silently before looking down, his brown hair shadowing his face, "That's exactly what she said."

"Huh?"

He stood up on the mattress, his arms stiff by his side, hands bunched in a fist, he raised his head ever so slightly, fixing Pearl with a glare with tears that refused to fall in the corners of his eyes, "That's exactly what Peridot said! But we don't know where she is because of you!" He screamed, looking back down, tears streaming down his face. "Get out."