Chapter 17

(Todaaayyy is my mate's birthday ! You know what i mean one of us' birthday lolz okay that we lame xD anyway imma wish a happy birthday for Jijii. She's the one who makes most of this story's jokes so you gotta love her yeah xD )

Alec walked around his room for the thousandth time in a minute, he had already tried a bunch of tuxedos that he always ended up not liking much.

Finally, he picked a fancy black tux and matched it with a dark grey tie and a gold watch that looked hell expensive. And for the shoes, he chose classical black ones.

For the final touch, he put a lot of his Armani perfume on.

He was so busy thinking about his look that he didn't find the time to think about his problems, he was so grateful that Lydia has given him such a chance to escape from all the stressful things that have occured lately.

He looked at himself in the mirror, fixing his tie. He looked so fine yet he wasn't pleased about his choice of clothes, he wanted to look better.

Alec checked the time, it was 7:37 pm. It was time to head to where the meeting was, he and Lydia decided to meet there even though Alec insisted to pick her up.

It was only a matter of fifteen minutes drive until he was there, he parked his car then stepped out of it. He took a deep breath to calm himself down as he locked his car, he couldn't stop imagining how gorgeous Lydia will look tonight.

He hoped that he looked his best at that time. Fixing his tie again, Alec looked at the huge building where the party will take place. Classy and rich couples were already there.

Alec breathed heavily, he looked at the time again and it was already 8pm. Lydia should come anytime soon.

Fifteen minutes passed and Lydia hasn't shown up yet, Alec's mood started to swing from stressed to frustrated; frightened and mad.

All of the mixed feelings made him feel more uncomfortable.

Finally, a taxi parked in front of the building. Alec caught a glance of ginger hair in the taxi, his heart skipped a beat for a second and a smile took its place on his beautiful lips. But it all quickly faded away when a stranger stepped out of the taxi.

Alec looked down, disappointment was drawn on his face.

He decided to call her..The phone rang but there was no answer, he tried again, she didn't answer too.

"Sir," Alec turned to see the valet standing in front of him. "The party has already started,"

"Yeah I'm aware of that, I'm waiting for someone." Alec said.

"Sir it's too cold here outside. And with all my respect, the person you're waiting for is obviously not showing up. It's too late already." The valet explained.

Alec sighed in disappointment, "You're right." He nodded then walked in the building alone, hoping that at anytime he'll hear Lydia calling him and telling him that she was late for some stupid reason. Then they'll walk in together and everyone will be astonished of how good they both look.

But she didn't.

-----

Alec stood in a group of important people, businessmen to be specific. Everyone was chatting about work and the country's financial problems.

Alec looked around and noticed his parents standing in a corner with a group of people as well.

He noticed that every guy was accompanied by a fancy dressed beautiful lady, which made him feel more down since Lydia hasn't shown up. Also the fact that he couldn't talk to his parents bothered him.