Chapter Thirteen

I highly suggest listening to Wherever You Are by Five Seconds of Summer on repeat while reading this chapter.

You know those feelings you get when you know you should do something, but you don't want to? That feeling that can only be described as guilt and regret? I felt that as soon as I got that one call. That call that destroyed the perfect little world I built.

"Why?" Caspar asked, tears streaming down his face as he enveloped me in his arms.

"I don't know...." I trailed off. What could I say? Two months ago we were the happiest people in the world, and now everything came crashing down.

****One Day Before****

"Nik, I'm sorry." Hazel said as soon as I answered her Skype call.

"Why're you sorry?" I asked, my eyebrows raised an my head tilted.

"I-. Regina (our mom) and I were talking and I may have letitslipthatyoufoundlillyandthatshewaslivingwithyouinengland." My older sister rushed out, making me scrunch up my nose. I barely understood a word she said!

"...Er....Hazel. English. Do you speak it?" I asked, laughing nervously. If she was talking to Regina....what could she have done?

"I accidentally told mom that you found Lilly and that she lives in England with you, so now she wants both you and Lilly back in the States by tomorrow." Hazel explained, her eyes watering. "I'm so sorry, Nikki."

My eyes widened and blurred as I shook my head. This couldn't be happening. "No." I muttered, continuing to shake my head. How could she? Why? Why does my mom have to ruin everything? Why? I'm happy in England. I have an amazing boyfriend who I'm crazy in love with, an awesome best friend who's like my sister, and two brothers I never knew I would want, Alfie and Alex. "S-She can't make me....can she?"

"I'm afraid she can, especially since you have Lilly. I think it's best if you start packing now, Nikole." Hazel frowned and dropped her gaze. "One more thing......you have to break up with Caspar. She doesn't want you dating a 'scum who won't have a job in a couple of years'."

That was it. Everything I've been holding in came out. My tears broke free of the dam trying to block them. Why does she have to ruin everything? why do I have to break up with Caspar? "I-I..." I stuttered. I wanted to scream at Hazel. No matter how hard I tried, no words would come out. I wanted yell. I wanted to throw a fit. Most of all? I wanted to run away. Run away with my new family. I didn't need Regina, and neither did Lilly.

"I've got to go, the fiancé needs me. I-I'm so sorry." My sister's voice cracked as she pressed the end call button. I sat there and stared. Stared at the screen that showed Skype. Stared at the thing that just ruined my life. Why me? Why now? Why here? When everything was finally perfect....

"Nikki you ok-." Jaelyn walked into my room and was immediately cut off when I lunged off of my bed and threw myself into my best friends arms.

"I-. S-she's making me go back to Chicago with Lilly." I hiccuped, continuing to bawl. "I leave t-tomorrow. I-I don't want-t to go, J-Jaelyn."

"Oh my God, Nikki..." Jaelyn enveloped me in her arms and we just stood like that for a while. Just hugging. Jaelyn is about three inches taller than me, so it's safe to say that I had my face buried into her neck.

After a couple of minutes I pulled away and sniffled, wiping my eyes. "Regina's also making me break up with Caspar. I-. How am I going to do this? I love him, Jae. I really do..."

Jaelyn frowned at me the pulled me close to her and wrapped me in her arms again. "Oh, baby, just tell him the truth. He'll understand. He loves you, and hey, look on the bright side. Remember how in about a month he was suppose to go on Digitour? Buy tickets and go see him. I believe the first stop is in Chicago, at the Rivera."