Chapter 23

~Chapter 22 Recap~

"F-Fine. Ill apologize to him..." she trailed off as I nodded, smiling.
"Good," I chirped before answering the phone. "Hello?" I asked.
"Is this Nikole Calvery?" the woman's voice on the other end asked, and as I answered....my world stopped.

****

"Yeah, this is Nikole..." I trailed off, an eyebrow raised.

"Hello, Ms. Calvery, this is Willow from St. John's Hospital. It seems that your partner, Caspar Lee has been in a car accident. He's gone under a coma," the woman on the other line said, and my heart stopped.

Caspar was in a crash? Was he okay? What happened? Millions of questions flooded my mind as I dropped my phone onto the floor. Luckily I had a case on it, because it would've broken because of the impact.

"Nik, what happened?" Jaelyn asked as she stood up and walked over to me, setting her hand on my arm.

It felt as if there was a huge weight on my chest, "C-C-Cas....Caspar was I-in an..." Tears started to slowly stream down my face as I looked at Jaelyn. "We need to go to St. John's hospital. N-Now," I said as more tears fell.

"Where is he?" I asked as Jaelyn and I rushed into the E.R, earning a glare from the lady at the front desk.
Where is who?" she asked.
"Caspar. Caspar Lee," I said, impatiently bouncing on the balls of my feet.
She typed on her computer for a bit before looking at me, "room 274, floor 2."
I smiled thankfully at her before Jaelyn and I rushed over to the elevator and waited for the door to open. When it did open we climbed inside and pressed then number 2. I hated hospitals. They smelled weird and they reminded me of Old Folk homes.
On the way up I couldn't help but pace the small room, knowing this was my fault. It can't a coincidence that the exact day that I burn pictures of him and I, he gets into a crash. Can it? As I heard the ding of the elevator, Jaelyn and I rushed out of the elevator and startled looking for his room number.

After a couple of minutes we found it. "Thank god," I said softly as I opened the door and came face to face with a crying Alfie. "Alfie," I said as I hugged him.
"Nik," he whimpered before pulling away and looking at Jaelyn.
"You two need to talk," I said as I pushed him out of the room.
"This is all my fault..." was the last thing I heard come from Alfie as I shut the door.