Chapter eight

Jaelyn's p.o.v

"So, what're we doing today?" Nikki asked as she laid her head on Caspar's shoulder. We were currently all in the living room, Nik and Casp in the love seat, Alex and Lilly on the floor watching Spongebob, and Alfie and I on the couch.

"I was hoping to show Jae around London..." Alfie trailed off before looking at me. "As long as that's alright with you."

I smiled at him and nodded, "Yeah, that's fine."

"Nikki and I can go out with Alex and Lilly and buy them some clothes, seeing as they're going to be staying with you two." Caspar said, shrugging.

Nikki's eyes widened. "Crap! I forgot to tell Hazel and Col."

"Col?" Casp frowned at her, confused.

"My 28 year old brother." she smiled reassuringly at the worried South African, who relaxed and smiled, nodding.

"Col? Haz (Hae-z)? Oh, Nikki! Can we call them and talk to them, please?!" Lilly said with a little bit too much excitement. Of course, Alex was too busy caught up in the TV show to even bother to try and understand what we were talking about.

"Sure! We'll call them before we leave." My best friend smiled at her younger sister before looking at Alfred and I. "When will you two be back?"

"Probably around 4. Don't worry, ma'am, I'll get her back safe and sound." Alfie joked, causing my lips to curve into a lopsided grin.

"M'kay! We'll all meet back here at four and then go out to eat, yeah?" Casp said and we all agreed. Soon, Alfie and I were walking out the door and shouting 'bye' to everyone as we walked around.

-le magical time skip-

"Alfie!!!" I squeaked as he smirked and smashed his ice cream cone into the side of my cheek.

"Jaelyn!!!" he faked a pout, trying not to laugh. "Why'd you have to smash your face into my ice cream?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed, grabbing a napkin and wiping it off. "Blame gravity!" I said before smashing my own ice cream into his forehead.

"Hey..." he chuckled and wiped it off. "That was freezing cold!"

I smirked at him as we walked away from the ice cream shop. "Gee, I wonder why it's called ice cream, genius." Alfred sassily snapped his fingers before we both burst into a fit of laughter. We didn't even care where we were going, we just let our feet take us wherever they wished. It was as if our feet had a mind of their own, because before we knew it we were at a store. Not just any store, though. An instrument shop.

I smiled to myself as I walked inside, not even waiting to see if Alfie would follow me, because it was obvious he would. "What're we doing here?" Alfie asked as I walked up to a beautiful guitar and let my fingers lightly brush against it. When I was twelve, before my life became a living hell, I was learning to play the guitar. I even had one of my own, and I guess I was okay at it. My mum would have me play a song for her every day, and it was great...until she died. That's when hell broke loose. My dad blamed me, broke my guitar, and broke almost everything I had. He broke my confidence. My happiness. And....He broke my trust in him.

"Hello? Jaelyn." Alfie waved his hand in front of my face, causing me to come out of my daze.

"Sorry!" I muttered before taking the guitar off it's rack.

"Do you play?" he asked and sat down, gently pulling me down with him as I nodded softly. "Play something." The British lad smiled kindly at me.

I shrugged softly. "I'm not that good..." I trailed off.