Chapter 1

"Do you want coffee or tea Phil?"
"Coffee please." Phil's eyes were glued to the MacBook in front of him whilst waiting for his boyfriend of seven years to make him coffee. A soft hum of electrics was settled silently on their quaint apartment. Things seemed normal to the outside world. Boyfriends living the picket fence life in the middle of London. Okay, maybe not that normal then. But things had definitely changed, for the better? No one could really tell. 

Only Phil knew that Dan sometimes woke up screaming at the imaginary people around him, threatening his life. Only Dan knew that Phil sometimes broke down crying in the bathroom after meals. Sometimes they were normal. Not exactly what society would call normal. But normal for them, and that was okay.

Since they had both been discharged as confused teenagers in a spiral of a never changing routine, things had been okay. They met most weekends and shared scattered thoughts under a blanket of stars. Nothing could go anymore wrong for the pair, life had already ruined them. Age crept up on them but they didn't seem to mind. They were old enough to rent a flat together. Stargazing was off them menu, but they had their ways of laying peacefully together with the world revolving solely around them.
"Coffee's ready Phil."
"Thanks Dan."

It didn't matter that outsiders would call Phil a stick insect. Treating him as a child, unable to fend for himself in the big world. It didn't matter that strangers would mutter harsh words as they past Dan. Treating him as a danger, unable to tell horror from non-fiction. Maybe some things outsiders, strangers, the rest of the world thought about Dan and Phil were true, but that didn't matter because;

Dan loved Phil.
Phil loved Dan.
And that,
Was all they needed.
But,
Well,
Who's ever heard of a love story about how perfect someone's life is? If all went happily ever after, this simply wouldn't exist.