Chapter 14

Phil's head spun fairly quickly around his skull as he began to wake. Through the partly opened curtains he saw no sun to laugh at his misfortune but instead a miserable drizzle to compliment his mood. He didn't have to spend minuets working out where he was as he knew, as soon as he saw his surroundings, that he wasn't at home. That was when memories of the night before decided to visit his rampaging brain. To be fair to Phil, he didn't bother sighing like they do on TV when they realise they've cheated on their partner. The man silently shouted at himself until he felt at least twice as worse as he had before. Dan was not going to be happy but could you really blame him?

It took Phil all his strength plus some to push himself into a vague sitting position on the rather comfortable settee. The world around him looked a mess despite the room he was actually in being pretty much spotless. In front of him the coffee table mocked him by sitting perfectly still as Phil swayed in an attempt to stay upright. On the rather rude coffee table there was a note. The dreaded note. The note that only serves to prove that the previous night had been a one night stand which the other person would like to forget as quickly as possible.

Great time last night but had to go (work) help yourself to breakfast.
07781 ****27
Just incase you don't fix things with lover boy xxx

'Well that could of gone a lot worse' Phil thought gladly before feeling bad about it. He also considered ripping up the paper but instead, he typed the number into his phone that he miraculously hadn't lost the night before. Shoving the paper into his back pocket, Phil stood up with help from the settee and his will to get out of the apartment. Although it was a stupid idea, Phil couldn't help but feel like he might be wanting that number in the future.

Breakfast didn't really seem appropriate given the situation so instead Phil cleaned up in the bathroom and left with as little trace as possible. He walked through the door and out into the open air. Yet somehow, even though he was surrounded by open space, he still felt constricted. To clear his buzzing mind he walked through streets he'd never been down and parks he'd never heard off. It didn't improve how he was feeling though, it merely replaced his feeling of guilt with one of fear. How was Dan going to react to any of this? He thought through what he had done last night but most of it was a messy blur. While walking he did come to a basic understanding of what how he spent his night which he was glad for. Well, glad before he really thought over the things he realised he had done.

He went to a nightclub with Louise, PJ and of course Dan. That part was pretty clear. He remembered ordering drinks for everyone before downing more and more. Cocktails had never been so inviting in his life. After getting successfully drunk they drank a bit more while jumping around the dance floor like maniacs. Some way through their own little party, Dan went off to the toilet leaving the other three to get more drinks. At that point a man much too old to be in a nightclub collided with Louise. She must have gone off to dance with him because Phil didn't remember seeing her again until she left with Dan. PJ also left at around the same point as Louise meaning Phil was on his own. Unfortunately, not for long. He didn't really remember what they talked about but he and the man next to him seemed to get on pretty well. The next thing Phil remembered was hearing Dan's voice behind him. Phil pulled away from the man he never realised he'd attached himself too before facing his actual boyfriend. Of course Dan was pissed but in the moment Phil apparently hadn't noticed. He let himself go off with his new friend instead of his boyfriend and then he woke up in his apartment. The settee had served as an excellent place to have sex and made almost no noise at all! It's a shame Phil couldn't say the same about himself though.

Saying he felt terrible would be an understatement. No sympathy could be awarded to Phil and he knew it. Pulling out his phone, he checked the time. 3:20 pm and not a single text. What was he expecting? He'd just cheated on his boyfriend for fuck sake. With his legs begging to ache, Phil decided it was late enough to go home and face the music. Very quiet music would be gratefully appreciated though as he had a terrible headache.

Philip walked in, followed by a silent cloud. The air was so thick with tension that even the best of blades would never be able to cut through. Around him the air was laughing in his face. 'There is no hope left!' they said. Never would Phil give up with out a fight, especially when Dan was involved. A fight was certainly what he got.